Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for the tall guys with highway pegs: Do I need long arm mounts to get around a heavy breather air cleaner?

A local dealer quoted me $99 for highway peg mounts without arms or I could spend an extra $20 to get the 360 adjustables with long arms (what kind of bs is that, btw). I am 6'5" and have a 2010 'Glide with a Screamin' Eagle heavy breather sticking out the side.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
He won't let you test fit them?

There are many factors involved with highway pegs and your comfort.

I've seen guys with their legs stretched out straight, guys with their knees high up in the air, and everything in between. That's why you need to test fit, so you can find what works for you.

Do you already have a tallboy seat on the bike?

Do you already have the floorboards pushed forward?

Do you already have the longer brake pedal and shift lever?

Are you wanting the highway pegs to stretch out your legs, or to change the pressure points on your butt?

For long trips I have considered mounting two sets of highway pegs to allow me to stretch and change pressure points. I ended up mounting one set that I can just rest the back of my boots on when I want to stretch out.

If your dealer won't let you test fit, then might as well save 20%, no tax, and free shipping by ordering from boardtracker Harley.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
34" inseam here. I prefer my pegs down low so that I can rest the heel of my size 12s on the boards and my toes on the pegs. The only downside to where I put them is that I tend to drag them through corners. The Short Angled mounts work well for me, and they get mounted just at the bottom bend of the crash bar.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have no idea about the AC part, but the long arms did not work for me. I've got a 32" inseam and could never adjust them to my liking. I switched to the short arms, and they work for me. With your height you may be able to mount pegs directly to the crash bar with no pullback.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
The highway pegs will not interfere with any style air cleaner. Get the adjustable highway peg mounts and then you can install any style highway pegs you like. The adjustable highway peg mounts cost more but they are the best way too go because they allow you to put the highway pegs in the most comfortable location for you.
I also mount my highway pegs lower so I can put my toes on the highway peg and my heels on the floorboards, IMO this allows for more leg positions which comes in handy for those long rides.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't get me lying about what brand these are, don't remember right off. But they are really nice with the heal pad.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I run the Kuryakyn Offset mounts with their Pilot pegs, and I have mine like '05Train - just out and angled so I can rest my heel on the floorboard and toes on the highway pegs. I can also put my entire foot on just the pegs to get a longer stretch or on really long stretches of highway, I can rest the back of my heel on top of the highway pegs for a full stretch. I am 6' 3" with a 33" inseam and I have the floorboards moved 1" forward and 1" out to help get me away from the Arlen Ness Big Sucker.

I really like my setup and have not had any issues scraping... yet. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
He won't let you test fit them?

There are many factors involved with highway pegs and your comfort.

I've seen guys with their legs stretched out straight, guys with their knees high up in the air, and everything in between. That's why you need to test fit, so you can find what works for you.

Do you already have a tallboy seat on the bike?

Do you already have the floorboards pushed forward?

Do you already have the longer brake pedal and shift lever?

Are you wanting the highway pegs to stretch out your legs, or to change the pressure points on your butt?

For long trips I have considered mounting two sets of highway pegs to allow me to stretch and change pressure points. I ended up mounting one set that I can just rest the back of my boots on when I want to stretch out.

If your dealer won't let you test fit, then might as well save 20%, no tax, and free shipping by ordering from boardtracker Harley.
Yes. I have extended pegs, floorboards, deep bucket Sundowner seat, etc. I think I just want to shift pressure points but haven't had highway pegs before on a bike so don't know what I want.

Dealer probably would have let me test fit but I told them they could suck a d when they quoted a price of $99 for clamps with no arms on them.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm with Train. I have a 35 1/2" inseam and 12 1/2 boots. I run my pegs on direct mounts to the crash bar at top of the lower bend.My Corbin sits me back 3". My boards are moved forward 1" and I have 2" extended pedals. I typically ride with my heels on the boards and my toes on the pegs. I have the option then to also run with feet fully on the boards or on the pegs to change seating positions.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If you want, PM me #, got a used set of mine, already broken in. We can slap em on and you can try em out for a while, a little N of seattle
Appreciate the offer but just read the viaduct and 520 are both closed this weekend. Im not going anywhere near Seattle today, sir. LOL.

I've got the pegs already, just need to figure out which mounts will get my leg out around the air cleaner.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Appreciate the offer but just read the viaduct and 520 are both closed this weekend. Im not going anywhere near Seattle today, sir. LOL.

I've got the pegs already, just need to figure out which mounts will get my leg out around the air cleaner.
I hear that, though will put the bumpershoot up for firepit later.

I've used the extented mounts in the past...they are not traffic or stationary object friendly.

Comuted in Seattle many years,
I make em fold back to 45

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Great thread.How do you move the floor boards?Im thinking short mounts.Resting heel on floor board.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same pegs as Pooh63, mounted on Longhorns. Like most of the guys here, I got 'em close enough to put a toe on the pad, or arch of the foot on the peg, or I can hook my heels over the pegs to stretch right out. These pegs were more comfortable than the stock ones, but maybe it's because you have more options with the longhorn mounts.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just my opinion, but if your dealer wont let you try them instore, then go to another dealership.

You could just try one on the RHS for reach and comfort.

SLIM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts