Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm seriously thinking about using a $299 coupon for this $699 lift. I think it's a decent price for a DYI'er looking for a budget table lift. $300 will get you some fancy MOCO bling for the bike, but it won't make changing fluids and general maintenance any easier for this 60 year-old arthritic body. I know we get what we pay for, but are there things we can do to this lift that'll make it a no-brainer purchase? I already have the 1800lb HF wheel chock/moto stand that'd be replacing the "flimsy" wheel chock that comes with it. Help my girls spend my money for this early Father's Day gift!!! :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Blackbag, DO IT.... I did the same thing a couple years ago. They were advertising it for $299.00 and then I was also able to use another coupon they had which knocked it down to something like $249.00. I did the same thing you're talking about doing, I bought a better wheek chock and mounted it on the table in place of the pice of crap that comes with it. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
They're great for the DIY guys. All of my buddies have it and I bought one 2 years ago. You will need to buy one of their wheel docks to replace that crappy tire clamp that comes with. line up the wheel dock and drill and bolt to secure it to the table. Make sure you pick up some jack oil too because most don't come with any. We'll worth the money

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Where's the coupon? Online?
BAGGERS magazine ad....May 2015 issue. HF advertises these table lifts at $699 retail, but I've seen it listed at $429 ALOT. I recently saw them at $329 in another ad. The HF dude stipulated that I MUST bring the specific coupon in to get that $299 price. The BAGGERS mag is in my bagger;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
I made wings out of 2xeights and blocks so they are the same height as the lift in the down position. Makes it a one man job to load because of the width. HF wheel chock. I have had 5 years of service from this lift. Use the coupon AND the 20% HF coupon from their flyer in store. Out the door with chock under $300.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I love mine. Couldn't imagine not having it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to know...thanks!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
HF lifts are pretty popular, but I don't think that I'd be lifting a touring bike with one. Softail, maybe.

A few years ago I picked up a HANDY lift off of Craigslist for $375. FANTASTIC lift. Keep your eyes open on boards like that. I've seen quite a few over the last few years.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
they do just fine lifting big bikes, they just need a decent chock to hold the tire.

Wish I could find the picture of a batwing laying on it's side between a HF freight lift and the garage wall. Rolled off the lift at full height due to the crappy wheel chock.

Start watching the video above at 8:00 minutes when he's jacking the lift up and notice how the whole works is flexing like a rubber band............nope, my bike isn't going on anything like that.

Yes, it's more expensive, but it's a WHOLE lot less scary:
http://www.directlift.com/MotorcycleATV-Lifts-C15.aspx

I recommend the 48" wide "atv" models so you can ride the bike onto the lift and put your feet down beside the bike.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.