Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually don't have a RG yet but hopefully soon. I took my wife to the Harley dealership and bought her an expensive leather jacket so now she is now onboard with my plan LOL! So it is only a matter of time...

I am actually from Cornwall in the UK and started riding motorcycles back in the early 80's in Edinburgh Scotland. I was actually a motorcycle courier (aka dispatch rider) in Edinburgh for about 3 years. Lots of rain, ice and cobbled streets to cut your teeth on. From that point on I have been a bit of a hooligan rider and I think getting a RG will hopefully calm me down to a more mature enjoyment of riding.

I remember when I was a kid I used to dream about touring the US on a Harley but it still has yet to happen. We have lived here for almost 30 years but they work you so hard in this country there is hardly any vacation time to do anything. I think the UK has something like a mandatory 6 week paid vacation a year deal whereas here you will be lucky to get 2.

I have had probably about 30 bikes over the years but only one Harley (a dyna low rider). Anyhow, long story short, I have had my eye on a RG ultra for a while and I think it is almost coming together and I should have one soon. I just wanted to join this forum so I can learn as much as I can about the bike as it will likely be the last bike I ever buy.

cheers
Spong!
Welcome from St Petersburg, Fla. You bought your wife a nice jacket, so offer to get her a bike, too!

·
Registered
2020 RGS River Rock Gray
688 Posts
Well, Future Congrats and welcome from the frozen Tundra. Cornwall, does that make you a fan of the "Robins"? Not much out there in the west for football teams above 7th league.

Good luck on your purchase, and once you do, we will show you all sorts of ways to separate you from your hard earned cash to make that bike "Yours"!

Cheers!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts