Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing heated grips the fairing apart I thought best to install a hidden antenna in my 2011. I bought one at O Reilly. It is an amplified one. No name brand. Did this despite all the negative reviews about low reception. There are good reviews too.

My thought is to put in some type of splitter and cooect the cable for the whip antenna in the fairing. Then should I ever want more reception or whatever I can just screw in the whip and have both.

Will that work? Anyone else try it?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I would be interested in this as well. I actually enjoy listening to AM radio (Dan Patrick and then Jim Rome every day). I know there are various apps on my phone that I could use, but I enjoy hearing all the cheesy local spots, weather and even the farm report. Part of the charm I guess.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have the J&M Audio hidden antenna. It came with the spillter, so I left my original on the bike and ran it under the seat to hide it as shown in another post.

I thought the reception would improve, but it seems to have gotten worse. Luckily I use my iphone for pandora and ipod.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not to change the subject...but did you get a cover for the hole that was left once the factory antenna was removed? I did an internal antenna on mine and now I can't find a cap to cover the hole it left.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
While installing heated grips the fairing apart I thought best to install a hidden antenna in my 2011. I bought one at O Reilly. It is an amplified one. No name brand. Did this despite all the negative reviews about low reception. There are good reviews too.

My thought is to put in some type of splitter and cooect the cable for the whip antenna in the fairing. Then should I ever want more reception or whatever I can just screw in the whip and have both.

Will that work? Anyone else try it?

It does work.

Not to change the subject...but did you get a cover for the hole that was left once the factory antenna was removed? I did an internal antenna on mine and now I can't find a cap to cover the hole it left.

You dealer will have the plug. Part # 59749-06

·
Registered
63 Posts
You dealer will have the plug. Part # 59749-06[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

·
Registered
529 Posts
That was the cheapest trip to the dealer I ever made, $1.98. Can't believe I got out of there for under $100.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts