Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, I've just received this antenna in the mail:

2017 ?AM-FM -Hidden Antenna Harley -FAIRING Touring Bagger? FAKRA plug | eBay

It claims the adhesive tape on the antenna is very strong and once applied, can not be removed. The directions are written for the Bat Wing Fairing and it is suggested the antenna be stuck to the fairing.

I have a 2017 RGU. I have never taken the fairing off. From reading here, it doesn't sound difficult. I don't yet know what I'll find inside, but off the bat I'm thinking that sticking the antenna to the fairing would no be the best idea. The next time the fairing had to come off, the antenna might get ripped apart, especially if the person is not aware of the antenna.

Have any of you installed a hidden antenna and if so how did you mount it? Would you have a suggestion as to where I could/should mount this?

Thanks,
Bill

PS. I forgot to mention that right now, everything except the front fairing speakers are stock. I have the Kappa's in the fairing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I also stuck mine inside fairing. However I said it before as many others here have, the reception is not worth the $17.00 spent. Us your own music, you will be a lot happier or the stock antenna an run it under the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts