Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using "Autoloc" hidden antenna, or other brand? I'm putting on a tour pack, and this would be less money than relocating the antenna, I think. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Did I read on here that Harley-Davidson is cumn out w/a hidden ant.?
I cant remember if it was here, or somewhere else. But, if they r and your bike is "New" mite b an option for ya that is covered under warranty. If your concerned w/that!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Biketronics makes one and so does metra. The metra one is the same as biktronics I sell these for 20 and free install if i'm allready in the fairing

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews about the hidden antennas. I think it depends where you live and where you're riding. My friend has one on his RG and when we ride along the coast and it's overcast, he doesn't get any reception. Overall, I prefer the standard antenna but the hidden antenna is convenient if you're taking your tour pack off and on.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
I do not have a tour pack, but wanted the cleaned up look. I put one on when the dealer was doing some warrenty work. I am not sure which brand as it was a last minute thing. It had the booster and it works pretty good for me. I have noticed the range is about 5 miles less then before, but that is not an issue for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've been using the J&M Flexpower am/fm/wb antennae and have been very pleased. It does pick up the weather band, and I have not noticed much reduction in reception. I'm also using their Flexpower CB antennae with similar results. Very pleased. Dealer made a good recommendation on those.

I had a non-powered flexible antennae in my fairing prior to that and the reception was horrible. Powered antennae is the only way to go IMO.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=FPA-HCFM&PF=44

1 - 10 of 10 Posts