Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

Recently purchased my first HD RGS and loving it. Already dreaming of the customization possibilities. I really want to install new crash bars on it but the fairing brackets need to be removed. There are a lot of options and with different designs to choose from. The two that stand out are the Hell's Foundry Invisible fairing support kit and the PauleYaffe's Stealth fairing support bar. Is anyone familiar with both of these products and explain which design is better? Thanks for any feed back.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
i have the Hell's foundry "invisible" on my "09 RG. i like it. makes the fairing stiffer, in my opinion, as it's now connected right to the frame. i'm sure both of those would be fine, it just comes down to aesthetics and if you want to take the front end off for a cleaner look with the yaffe. i'm currently having mine painted over the winter as i have my inner fairing color matched. that's as far as i'm gonna go for aesthetics.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I just did the Hells Foundry hidden faring brackets on my 09 FLTRSE3 so I could add lowers. It dies seem to make the faring quite a bit more solid &the look is much cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
I had the hells foundry on my 2012 and then switched to the dirty bird when i raked the bike. Running hell’s foundry on my 2017 also. The dirty bird was nice but you have to remove your inner fairing to put it on. It is A LOT of extra work to install it.

Reactions: direwolf

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Wish I would have known about this one before I went with Hells Foundry, not that I’m unhappy with Hell’s Foundry’s product. Just could have saved a few $$$ for some other mods.

Dire wolf, All you did was install the hidden support and were able to add lowers? You didn't have to change the main fairing bracket to the 2010 part? Everything I have read says the main bracket has to be changed.
If this is the case, its game changer for me

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Dire wolf, All you did was install the hidden support and were able to add lowers? You didn't have to change the main fairing bracket to the 2010 part? Everything I have read says the main bracket has to be changed.

If this is the case, its game changer for me

I installed Hells Foundry adjustable faring mount so I could raise the faring 2” for the lowers

Also went with their internal faring support so I could forget about the 2010 faring part.

Might have been a bit cheaper going with the 2010 parts but everything I read said you had to trim the lowers where they met with the 2010 bracket. I had bought HD Lowers from a forum member & then had them painted vivid black so didn’t want to take a chance on scratching the lowers by trimming.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Thanks for the info
DAM! I have so much stuff in my fairing, dreading going in there again

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
If I remember correctly you have to change the main Faring bracket to either the 2010 or go with an adjustable. I decided to go with adjustable to be safe.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Just making sure it was newer, your post reminded me that I had one to put up for sale but it's for earlier years. Good luck and congrats on the new scooter!
BH, which one do you have for sale?
Was thinking of doing this on my 2012 Custom.
Thanks.
Mike U.

Disregard Brother I just saw your new post with the PY Bracket.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Did the Yaffe one this morning on my buddy's sled. I'm impressed at how stiff it was afterwards. Think I'll go with it too.

Reactions: RunningWild17
1 - 15 of 15 Posts