Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few makers of these now, does anyone using them recommend a certain brand. If you have them how do you like them?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
There are a few makers of these now, does anyone using them recommend a certain brand. If you have them how do you like them?
I have the ones from Hell's Foundary. For less than $100 Im very pleased. The chrome is really nice. I also like that you can still use the crash bar if you like.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yes, I have hells foundry. I like them.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i have hells foundry also. been almost 2 years now and everything is still there.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
CSM11, are these really what you were looking for or were you looking for a truly hidden fairing bracket ? I don't know who makes them, but there are some that bolt everything in place from the inside and you cannot see any evidence of any support bracket. GB would know, as there was talk about it on another forum a month or 2 ago. Seems like they're mostly used on the wild 26"/30" custom builds.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
CSM11, are these really what you were looking for or were you looking for a truly hidden fairing bracket ? I don't know who makes them, but there are some that bolt everything in place from the inside and you cannot see any evidence of any support bracket. GB would know, as there was talk about it on another forum a month or 2 ago. Seems like they're mostly used on the wild 26"/30" custom builds.

Good luck.
Interesting. Im curious to see how that would work. GB has the HF ones.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a truely hidden one And couldn't be happier. Yes I paid more money than the hf one but its a much cleaner look. Everything is contained within the fairing.

Pm if you want some contact info. I can try to get you a picture too if wanted.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts

Good luck.
Interesting. Im curious to see how that would work. GB has the HF ones.

Here it is

Yes yes and yes :D there's a few guys that are making them these days......Charlie is the "OG" on it (and hand made/stout as F'n hell!) but a few others have followed suit as of late, Charlie, AF Kustoms and Trask are the first three that pop into my mind at the moment, but I'm long on work and short on sleep :eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
CSM11, Hell's Foundry makes two types of fairing supports for Road Glides:

1: "Invisible" Fairing Support as described in most of the threads moves the support dependency from the engine guard to the forward fuel tank mount and hides between the inner-fairing and frame. Does not require the removal of the outer fairing to install. Can usually be done in 15-20 minutes. This is an original Hell's Foundry, patent pending design, trademarked and manufactured part.

2: Internal Fairing Support replaces all external support with a support that mounts inside the fairing assembly. This mount secures to the radio cradle bolts and does require the removal of the outer fairing to install. The benefits are that it is completely hidden and also independant of the frame specs. This is the perfect solution for those that are raking for big inch wheel kits where the geometry between the fuel tank mounts and fairing has changed from stock. This is also an original Hell's Foundry patent pending design and manufactured part.

I've included a couple of pics for you to understand the differences.
Both styles are made from steel and come in gloss black powdercoat with all necessary installation hardware.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Derik

Attachments

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Another plus of the "invisible" style bracket is that it cuts way down on the up-draft of air that comes from in front of the tank. I love mine for that reason and I can do away with the crash bar if I want a different look. Just three bolts and you're done. Just as easy to put back on if needed.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Another plus of the "invisible" style bracket is that it cuts way down on the up-draft of air that comes from in front of the tank. I love mine for that reason and I can do away with the crash bar if I want a different look. Just three bolts and you're done. Just as easy to put back on if needed.

So the external one does not change the angle of the fairing but the internal one does?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Like GB said there are 3 out there
Charlie Wooten makes one $350
Trask makes one $250
AF Kustoms makes one $150
Here is mine from AF Kustoms

Attachments

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
So the external one does not change the angle of the fairing but the internal one does?
The reason it blocks the air coming up from in front of the tank is that it fills up the space there not because it changes any of the angle of the fairing. Mine do have slotted holes to where it attaches to the tank so you could move the back of the fairing up to an inch or so if needed. I think I pulled the back of my fairing down as close to the lowers as I could get away with when I installed them. I can't speak to any angle difference that the internal one might have.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I like my Hells Foundry brackets. No issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I've been waiting for the 2010+ lower brackets (I replaced the main bracket over the winter. The right side one is on back order from the MoCo until April 22. I think you guys just talked me into cancelling my MoCo order and going this way.

I don't think I'll be able to use the plastic air dams that attach from the crash bar to the tank now, but I'm thinking maybe these will essentially block the wind anyway.

I wasn't able to find the Hell's Foundry inside hidden bracket on their site, just the "invisible" ones.
Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 51 Posts