Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been waiting for the 2010+ lower brackets (I replaced the main bracket over the winter. The right side one is on back order from the MoCo until April 22. I think you guys just talked me into cancelling my MoCo order and going this way.

I don't think I'll be able to use the plastic air dams that attach from the crash bar to the tank now, but I'm thinking maybe these will essentially block the wind anyway.

I wasn't able to find the Hell's Foundry inside hidden bracket on their site, just the "invisible" ones.
Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Mailman: The Internal Fairing Supports from Hell's Foundry are in finishing and have not had their "beauty" shots done yet so they aren't listed yet. You can simply call to order. 866.999.Hell (4355)

Derik

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I've been waiting for the 2010+ lower brackets (I replaced the main bracket over the winter. The right side one is on back order from the MoCo until April 22. I think you guys just talked me into cancelling my MoCo order and going this way.

I don't think I'll be able to use the plastic air dams that attach from the crash bar to the tank now, but I'm thinking maybe these will essentially block the wind anyway.

I wasn't able to find the Hell's Foundry inside hidden bracket on their site, just the "invisible" ones.
Sent from Motorcycle.com App
No you can't use the plastic air deflectors that snap onto the crash bar but the up side is that you won't need them. The design of the brackets cause the air to go right under the tank to the engine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
One downside I noticed with my hells foundry brackets is there is a lot more vibration of the fairing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
One downside I noticed with my hells foundry brackets is there is a lot more vibration of the fairing.

I originally thought so too on mine but I switched back to the OEM and it felt the same. Switched back to the HF kept riding it a when I replaced my front tire the bike smoothed out. At least for me it wasn't the brackets. Might want to check and see if everything else is tight and that your tires aren't causing some of the vibration.

·
Registered
671 Posts
For those of you that have the totally invisible fairing brackets (inside fairing), Does it obstruct them mounting of an Amplifier inside of the fairing. My amp bracket attaches to the inner fairing bolts on right side just like all 3 of these. It looks like the tube type take up a lot of room.. where the HF snugs closer to the inner fairing. Anyone have any of these with amps inside the fairings?

·
Registered
77 Posts
For those of you that have the totally invisible fairing brackets (inside fairing), Does it obstruct them mounting of an Amplifier inside of the fairing. My amp bracket attaches to the inner fairing bolts on right side just like all 3 of these. It looks like the tube type take up a lot of room.. where the HF snugs closer to the inner fairing. Anyone have any of these with amps inside the fairings?
CNMTurner, Can you post a picture of you amp bracket? I should be able to figure it out for you based on the photo.

Derik

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm fairly new to the RG bike so sorry is this question is stupid but what is th purpose of these? Is it mainly so you can remove te engine guards or other reasons?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm fairly new to the RG bike so sorry is this question is stupid but what is th purpose of these? Is it mainly so you can remove te engine guards or other reasons?
Jasondoow; Welcome to the Road Glide community. I trust you'll have many years of great riding on your new Glide.
The Hell's Foundry "Invisible" Fairing Brackets have a number of benefits:
-Removing the engine guard or replacing it with an aftermarket version, such as the Lindbar can give you a cleaner or more personal style
-By removing the vertical mount from the engine guard to the fairing, it allows for an uninterruped top bar of the engine guard, which allows fitment of the vented fairing lowers. The vertical mount was an obstruction for that use.
-The "invisible" mount uses the forward fuel tank mount instead of the upper engine guard mount to secure, making the engine guard easier to put on/take off if desired because the fairing support function no longer depends on the engine guard.

Derik

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
You'll still need to change the main fairing support bracket to change the angle of the inner/outer fairing to get the clearance required to use vented lowers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have the hells foundry one that you can see in by the forks and i still use the wind deflectors that go on the crash bar i just had to cut them a little to fit under and they make a huge difference going back on. However i think i am now going to go with a totally invisible one from hells foundry. I have to support my Michigan companies after all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You'll still need to change the main fairing support bracket to change the angle of the inner/outer fairing to get the clearance required to use vented lowers.
Not really. There are four different versions of the main fairing support from H-D, 98-03, 04-06,07-09, 10 (if my memory is correct). There is 1" of vertical adjustment via the slots in the fairing. I don't know if you can still get all versions from the HD dealer or if when it's superseded they discontinue all prior versions.
As for the copies of my parts; I make this stuff to better your experience with your bike. If what I design inspires you and you make one better than me, cool that's capitalism. Just making a copy is theft.

Derik

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Not really. There are four different versions of the main fairing support from H-D, 98-03, 04-06,07-09, 10 (if my memory is correct). There is 1" of vertical adjustment via the slots in the fairing. I don't know if you can still get all versions from the HD dealer or if when it's superseded they discontinue all prior versions.
As for the copies of my parts; I make this stuff to better your experience with your bike. If what I design inspires you and you make one better than me, cool that's capitalism. Just making a copy is theft.

Derik
Is the one on ebay a 'knock-off' of your part? If so, let me know. Thanks.:D

21 - 40 of 51 Posts