Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
derik, how about the chrome headlight surrounds, are they back from chromers yet? i bought some back in feb from your website (which you already charged my card for) and have been calling you once a month, every month since to check on them because you cant seem to let me know whats going on without my initiating the contact.

i dont mean to highjack this thread but i saw derik posted here after me calling him and leaving a message 2 days ago that he hasnt returned.

·
Registered
77 Posts
derik, how about the chrome headlight surrounds, are they back from chromers yet? i bought some back in feb from your website (which you already charged my card for) and have been calling you once a month, every month since to check on them because you cant seem to let me know whats going on without my initiating the contact.

i dont mean to highjack this thread but i saw derik posted here after me calling him and leaving a message 2 days ago that he hasnt returned.
Runmanpkll: Since I don't know your identity, I can't really address your situation here. You're more than welcome to PM me and identify yourself and I'll work to solve your problem.

Derik

·
Registered
487 Posts
Runmanpkll: Since I don't know your identity, I can't really address your situation here. You're more than welcome to PM me and identify yourself and I'll work to solve your problem.

Derik
pm sent......

·
Registered
298 Posts
Jasondoow; Welcome to the Road Glide community. I trust you'll have many years of great riding on your new Glide.
The Hell's Foundry "Invisible" Fairing Brackets have a number of benefits:
-Removing the engine guard or replacing it with an aftermarket version, such as the Lindbar can give you a cleaner or more personal style
-By removing the vertical mount from the engine guard to the fairing, it allows for an uninterruped top bar of the engine guard, which allows fitment of the vented fairing lowers. The vertical mount was an obstruction for that use.
-The "invisible" mount uses the forward fuel tank mount instead of the upper engine guard mount to secure, making the engine guard easier to put on/take off if desired because the fairing support function no longer depends on the engine guard.

Derik
Thanks for the info it makes a little more sense now. So if you install these does it eliminate that bracket that goes from the fairing to the crash bar (the one that the blinkers also mounts to)?

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thanks for the info it makes a little more sense now. So if you install these does it eliminate that bracket that goes from the fairing to the crash bar (the one that the blinkers also mounts to)?
Exactly. Yes! The stock mounting brackets from the blinkers to the crash bar are eliminated.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Exactly. Yes! The stock mounting brackets from the blinkers to the crash bar are eliminated.
Thanks. Now I just need to figure out which ones to get. Is there really any difference tin them since you dont even see them?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks. Now I just need to figure out which ones to get. Is there really any difference tin them since you dont even see them?
Jasondoow: I named them "Invisible" Fairing Supports for exactly that reason. I designed them to be unobtrusive while solving the noted problems.

Derik

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jasondoow: I named them "Invisible" Fairing Supports for exactly that reason. I designed them to be unobtrusive while solving the noted problems.

Derik
Hi Derik
I have a 99 RG would like to add vented lowers for speakers as part of a post crash upgrade. I am confused as to which hidden supports to use to accomplish the vented lowers. I read through posts on this forum and have looked at 7 or 8 options all different designs and prices. The only option that flat out says it will work is the HD parts for $343 (highest cost). Many of the lower cost options only indicate they are good for eliminating the crash bar which I don’t want to do. Just need to know which ones raise the fairing enough to clear the vented lowers. Thanks for any recommendations.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts