Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New guy from MN here. I joined a while back and have been lurking for a while, but I figured it's high time that I post up. I currently own an '11 SG, but oh how I long for one of the new generation road glides. Every time I see one at the dealer or see pics of one, the temptation is overwhelming to ride to the nearest dealership and just get the deal done. I will have one someday, but I'm not quite in the financial position on this bike to do so quite yet. I just have to be patient and wait a while longer so that it's a smart move for me.

Until then, I'll just admire the fantastic bikes on here and learn the subtleties of road glides so that I'm ready to take on modifications when the day arrives that I own one.

Hopefully you won't think too low of me for riding a batwing bike! haha!

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
1,070 Posts
Hopefully you won't think too low of me for riding a batwing bike! haha!
Never!

I even rode metric for about 20 years before I got my first Harley. I didn't get a Road Glide until just about 3 1/2 years ago. I've been riding for over 35 years.

Nothing wrong with a Street Glide, it's just not a Shark.

Welcome to the forum and I hope that you're in a position to get the bike you want soon. But don't do it if it will put you in a financial bind. Smarter to wait and do it right.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh so tempting....so I stopped into a couple of dealers this past weekend & started trolling a little to see what possibilities there were, & low & behold, one dealership offered me enough on trade to payoff my bike. I was shocked! Most of the others gave me ballparks of around 13k, about 2k less than my payoff, which is in all reality, book value. Fair enough I guess.
But this last dealership was willing to take into consideration all of my accessories...go figure! 2011 SG w/power pack they would give me $15,500 if I keep my dragula exhaust, 16k if I leave the exhaust on....big downside would be the initial expense of buying the hiway peg mounts, docking hardware for my backrest, passenger footboard mounts, windscreen, new power vision license & cable. And I might also need a high-flow air cleaner filter as well? I figure around $5-600 to get it where it need to be initially....ugh....decisions.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.