Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The glide is not running smoothly! I was riding into work today and on the freeway, I gave it gas, no acceleration but went up to almost 5500rpms! I am running a thundermax system with performance machine air cleaner and Rhinehart 2:1 exhaust. Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? I did stop for gas and when I tried to start the bike, the engine popped and a poof of black smoke came out of the air cleaner. It did start the second time around though, but still ran like ish. Any help would be appreciated, at least to get me home!:eek:

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Sounds like the first problem is your clutch slipping.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did just replace the clutch lever. I may not have adjusted it correctly then. I'll start with that and go from there. Thanks for the info! I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You may want to check Thundermax for software updates. You might be able to tune out the start up problem. Mine used to do the same thing until updated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I adjusted the tension in the clutch cable and she's running smoothly again! Thanks for the info and I'm going to update the thundermax as well, see if she can run even smoother! Thanks gents!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts