Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that at some speeds above 60mph and up to 85 that my speakers distort. When I lower my head behind windshield the distortion dissipates. Do you know of a solution? 2011 road glide ultra
Thank you

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Get a bigger/better windshield....not trying to be a smartass! Mine does the same thing when I have the shorter windshield installed.......the "bufeting" from the air tumbling over the windshield distorts the music traveling to your ears. When I install my tall windshield for longer trips the music is clear as a bell :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response It is about 11-12". Unfortunately this shield does fantastic for and passenger with regards to wind. I might even be happier with shorter one. I have wondered about moving rear jms to lowers. The buffeting on this bike is a challenge. Get one thing right and another crops up. Love the bike though. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
those harley up deflectors, about $30 helped me, I still really can't hear anything other than whoosh over 70.

that's okay, it encourages me to go slower, stay out of trouble and enjoy the road. people all agro, passing by, I'm thinking, 'that's okay, I'm having great time here listening to my rocking stereo, what the hell are you doing?'

people have also mentioned sancho wings as helping.

or helmet?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't help it, get on interstate and the bike just wants to go. I had a heritage classic with 116 engine and was very comfortable at70mph. In Alabama helmets are NOT optional. I wear a shorty. I do have the Harley deflectors that mount to crash bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts