Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.
Any advice on good reach Highway Pegs for my Road Glide Special?
I installed a Saddelmen Road Sofa Extd reach seat. The standard size made my upper back feel too tight. Not sure if I should get engine mount or frame/ floor board mountable.
Any advice is much appreciated!
Thx,
Billder

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
5,310 Posts
Starting with the make/model of your bike is my advice. ;) I have a 30" inseam and just use engine guard mounted pegs on standard HD mounts down low, slightly above my floor boards - this is on my Pre-Rushmore. I also have an older Saddlemen seat that was called the 'low profile' which puts me further back and is narrow near the tank.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ciro makes some that attach to the floorboard. Those may work very well for you.

I like the Kuryakyn (or similar) Longhorn Offsets. They also get the highway pegs right beside the brake and shifter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ciro makes some that attach to the floorboard. Those may work very well for you.

I like the Kuryakyn (or similar) Longhorn Offsets. They also get the highway pegs right beside the brake and shifter.
NCP, yeah was looking at the Ciro.
I like the idea of them being just besides.
Can probably Heel the board as well as full foot on the pegs. My concern is what happens if (when) you drop the bike??? Destroyed?
Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Starting with the make/model of your bike is my advice. ;) I have a 30" inseam and just use engine guard mounted pegs on standard HD mounts down low, slightly above my floor boards - this is on my Pre-Rushmore. I also have an older Saddlemen seat that was called the 'low profile' which puts me further back and is narrow near the tank.
Zed,
Thx for the advice.
I'll go to HD and check out that option.

·
Administrator
5,310 Posts
I heel the board and foot on the highway peg. If you drop it, the Harley mount will survive. Crash it - they may survive but scratch.

Tire Sky Cloud Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
2,041 Posts
We are actually the same height, I use these pads for multiple reasons, mainly because there's more than one way you can rest your foot on it, especially if you're out for long rides. The setup you got is awesome, especially if it works for you. I tried the pegs first then wound up with the pads, and found them to be much more comfortable for long trips, if you noticed I have the extended arms that will allow you to run these particular setup with your lowers, just something to think about in the future, and you are very much right heel on the floorboard toe on the pig.....
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heel the board and foot on the highway peg. If you drop it, the Harley mount will survive. Crash it - they may survive but scratch.

View attachment 449181
Zed,
I'm thinking maybe you're closer to 6'.
I don't think motor bar mount would work for me. I do like the idea of heel /toe but was asking if I get the frame mount, would dropping it damage the mounting bar.
Thx bro.

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,030 Posts
@Billder1963 Take a look at Ciro3D adjustable highway peg mount.
Everyone running them swears by them.
Mike U.

·
Administrator
5,310 Posts
Zed,
I'm thinking maybe you're closer to 6'.
I don't think motor bar mount would work for me. I do like the idea of heel /toe but was asking if I get the frame mount, would dropping it damage the mounting bar.
Thx bro.
I'm 5'10" on a good day, mostly slouched to 5'9" - doesn't change my short 30" leg length

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
These work good. Not too expensive either

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These work good. Not too expensive either
Thx Bud.
those are what I decide to order in black.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
wtf are you even talking about? i love my rg. i'm 5'4'' on a good day, with a 28'' inseam. i have no issues with my bike, though, i do pay attention to where i am parking. i never park with my nose pointing downhill unless i can just pull out. but, i don't care how 'big' you are, pushing a 900lb touring bike backward and uphill can be a chore for anyone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts