Road Glide banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to notice a pretty good vibration in my handlebars of my new 2015 RGS. It starts at about 70 mph and gets worse as the speed increases. My cousin has a 2014 Street Glide and he says that he feels some vibration at those speeds as well but I'm not sure if we are feeling the same thing.

Just wondering if this normal or should I have the dealer check my wheel balance.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Had a similar problem. Dealer said front end was within Harley specs.
I did two things myself, which remedied the problem. Rides rock solid now.
1. removed the wheel weights and put in Dyna beads to constantly balance the tire at all speeds above 30 mph.
2. tightened the 1 1/2" stem nut to 192 in lbs of torque.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Harley Rider has a couple unique and Good ideas. My 2006 started vibrating last fall floor board and bars and mirrors affected. A $25 dollar motor mount fixed it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
no vibration here but i feel every crack in the road through my highway pegs..... never ever felt that in my 2002 flhtcui...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got the bike to the dealer and they had the most ridiculous excuse for not looking into my problem.

"Checked wheel balance - Within Spec. The motorcycle is a proper representation of a Harley Product."

I guess this means that Harley designed a vibration in the handle bars and all you fools with smooth running machines should have your bikes checked. LOL. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

I guess I'll just check the balance and steering stem myself. Does anyone have a walk through for that? Is it a PITA to get to the steering nut?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.