Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been debating whether or not to pull the trigger on a new set of bars. I sat on Tracey's bike during SWII and loved the feel of the 14" apes. Hill Country Customs has a complete set up already wired with new controls installed. Basically a simple plug and play. Can anyone comment on the quality of the controls (turn signals, cruise, radio, levers, clutch perch, etc.) in their packages? I would hate to order the package deal and not be happy with the quality of the controls.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just purchased bars from them ,customer service was good,they shipped
well protected took about a week to get the bars Hope to start the install
Sunday
I let ya know But everything looks very nice and clean

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have the 14" apes, the installation wasn't too bad and have had no issues with anything after 6 months. Hooked up the aftermarket iPod system and all works fine.
This is the second set I've bought off them, I put a set on my Road King a couple of years ago with no issues either.
I also bought a set of rear crash bars ( saddlebag guards) from them, their customer service has been good.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think they use HD products for their switch housings etc.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well I had a different exp. with this company I had ordered a set of 16in apes w/chrome switches all wiring ran through the bars and all braided cables for my 2000 roadking great price and shipping was good and packaged well. Had my Indy install them and I guess they were either a Friday or Monday bars. Switches wee wired backwards and the horn switch would stick. I stood right there went he Indy opened all up and found some of wires cut from I guess pulling the wire through the bars. Call the company for a week straight no answer. I went ahead and had the Indy repair the wiring he charged me a 100 for repair which was removing the wiring installed new wiring and rerun through bars. When I submitted the bill to company and told them what happen I they said y didn't u contact us and I said I did and left message and they said that the 2 people I spoke to no longer work there. Well disputed it with my credit card and summit it everything owner of company countered and said that he would have replaced the bars for me with no charge. So then I would have to pay my Indy to do everything all over. So bottom line is my exp. was not good.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I played phone tag with those guys a year ago September. Let's just say, I was "it". I made a call and a few days later they called back but left a voice mail. I tried 4 or more times over the next couple of weeks before I got another callback and actually got to speak to someone. Thinking the worst, I asked if the central Texas wildfires had affected them and was told no. I was looking for an excuse to forgive their lack of calling back. The dude was about as indifferent as he could be about whether or not I spent a dime there. Too bad. I live 30 minutes from their shop. I'll never give them that dime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't do it! Their bars are poor quality and wiring on my first set was faulty and too short to connect to bike connector. Replaced under warranty but shipping costs and time took the fun out of this transaction. Next set were marginal and cables were very tight to connect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts