Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Road Glide Special. i have a high pitch hissing noise that gets louder and higher in pitch as speed increases and when i hit the front breaks the noise get much louder. is this to do with break pads or the front Wheel Bearings?? its almost like a rapid High Pitch Clicking noise that gets faster and faster as speed increases. is it the ABS Magnetic censer inside the wheel Bearing...do the bearings need to be replaced?? or do i just turn up the Music so i don't hear it? But I don't like the noise if you say it's some kind of normal... i want it to sound smooth and be smooth. as it is it sounds like something is not right or is wearing out fast and or break soon.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
I have a 2016 Road Glide Special. i have a high pitch hissing noise that gets louder and higher in pitch as speed increases and when i hit the front breaks the noise get much louder. is this to do with break pads or the front Wheel Bearings?? its almost like a rapid High Pitch Clicking noise that gets faster and faster as speed increases. is it the ABS Magnetic censer inside the wheel Bearing...do the bearings need to be replaced?? or do i just turn up the Music so i don't hear it? But I don't like the noise if you say it's some kind of normal... i want it to sound smooth and be smooth. as it is it sounds like something is not right or is wearing out fast and or break soon.
I know the sound. High-pitched, metallicy sound. On an older bike I was told it was nothing to worry about. The pads and rotors were fine. Hopefully some of the experts on this forum could advise you better.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Is it a clicking or a hissing? How about more info. Service history, miles, does turning make it change?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
does it sound like a bunch of cicadas? if so, what you're hearing is the combination of brake pads and cooling holes in the brake rotor. some folks have taken their pads off and chamfered the leading edge a tiny bit and that seems to do the trick.

Reactions: geo8866
1 - 4 of 4 Posts