Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought 2017 road glide special 107 in for odd noise near cam chest. Sounds almost like a hissing from a possible fluid restriction. Dealer has had it since 30 November and can not figure out problem. MOCO has told them to split the case and spec out the whole bottom end. Anyone else experiencing a odd noise like that when bike is up to temp and idling, bring it in

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I haven't heard anything like that. However if my dealer were going to cover the splitting of the case and reassembly, I'd be having the crank beefed up during the process and possibly having the cases machined for larger jugs. Pretty cheap insurance and will give some headroom should you decide to upgrade.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here here to the beefed up crank so my 2cents is if the motor was out and open install a Fueling oil HP oil pump and cam chest. Here’s why
I did a 107 build on my 2010 96 ci RG runs awesome did a complete Darkhorse blueprint/balance welded crank HBeam rods 106 hp 117 to. 500 miles and a clatter took it in pulled all the covers push rod dropped
While the covers were off had the Fueling parts above installed AMAZING old idle psi 15 now 35 at speed old 35 psi now 55 psi all day cooler quieter better throttle I do not know why Here If I only had the money for one upgrade it would be The Fueling pack with reaper cams I did Woods 777’s this is the single best upgrade any of us in this community can do.Especially the VTwin crowd.ride

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like an exhaust leak at the front pipe or maybe a compression release is stuck open there automatic inside the rocker box

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Sounds like there could be a possibility that the crankcase is not venting properly. The umbrella valves may be malfunctioning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts