Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one a while back had a problem the same as me. I can't find or remember who.
The problem is with the Aux input playing my mp3 and CD player The system plays fine when bike is sitting still running or off. When riding down the road the sound on the CD & MP3 will cut out for a split second , every 5 or 10 seconds if the volume is turned up. The radio plays perfect at any volume.
When sitting still , it all play fine at any volume. Damn HK ! Any Ideas ? I don't believe its a wiring problem or Amp problem since the radio works fine. I also switched mp3s and connection wire.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine started out kind of like that. I thought it was just a bad cable from the ipod interface but now nothing works at all. The screen lights up like it is playing but no sound on ipod or radio. When it started it would play when I switched to the radio but no go now. Goes in next week for a swap since it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am not sure if I am who you are referring to but I commented on this problem on another persons thread. I have this issue and it's been in resolved for 4 months now on my 2013 CVO. It started after I had the bike for about 7 months while on a road trip. Now 4 months later, two trips to the service department, this last time they have had my bike 3 weeks and after countless calls by my dealership to Harley Tech Services, they replaced the radio, amp, interface and speakers and this problem is still unresolved. I am at the end of my patience, not so much with my dealership but with Tech Services and their approach to getting to the bottom of the problem. I called the owner tonight to share my displeasure, I am calling Harley Customer Service tomorrow and am picking my bike up so I can ride while they are all trying to find the solution. My service guys did tell me if you turn the AVC down to zero bars it is less noticeable than if you have it at 1 or more bars. They were saying Harley Tech was telling them the radio doesn't work if you go higher than 2 bars...I called BS. If they don't want it to go above 2 bars then they shouldn't have it programmed to go up to 4 bars. So, long story short I am having my left speaker drop out and my IPod also keeps going back to the sonf it picked to be the first in the loop and will only play a small position of the songs I have loaded. At first My service guys couldn't get the speaker to drop out when it's sitting idling but they put the fans on the motor and let it idle for about 10 minutes and it started doing it. Right now, Harley Tech Services and my local service department are waiting on Harley Engineering to respond to emails that have been sent to them outlining this problem and asking them for assistance. So as I wait for them to figure this out I guess I will ride without use of my radio.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure if I am who you are referring to but I commented on this problem on another persons thread. I have this issue and it's been in resolved for 4 months now on my 2013 CVO. It started after I had the bike for about 7 months while on a road trip. Now 4 months later, two trips to the service department, this last time they have had my bike 3 weeks and after countless calls by my dealership to Harley Tech Services, they replaced the radio, amp, interface and speakers and this problem is still unresolved. I am at the end of my patience, not so much with my dealership but with Tech Services and their approach to getting to the bottom of the problem. I called the owner tonight to share my displeasure, I am calling Harley Customer Service tomorrow and am picking my bike up so I can ride while they are all trying to find the solution. My service guys did tell me if you turn the AVC down to zero bars it is less noticeable than if you have it at 1 or more bars. They were saying Harley Tech was telling them the radio doesn't work if you go higher than 2 bars...I called BS. If they don't want it to go above 2 bars then they shouldn't have it programmed to go up to 4 bars. So, long story short I am having my left speaker drop out and my IPod also keeps going back to the sonf it picked to be the first in the loop and will only play a small position of the songs I have loaded. At first My service guys couldn't get the speaker to drop out when it's sitting idling but they put the fans on the motor and let it idle for about 10 minutes and it started doing it. Right now, Harley Tech Services and my local service department are waiting on Harley Engineering to respond to emails that have been sent to them outlining this problem and asking them for assistance. So as I wait for them to figure this out I guess I will ride without use of my radio.
That sucks that they replaced everything and you still have problems. I'm going to try the AVC adjustment but don't see why that would affect anything seeing I've had it on and wide open since I owned the bike.
I'm up in the air about sending the HK into Iron Cross or just going aftermarket.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine started out kind of like that. I thought it was just a bad cable from the ipod interface but now nothing works at all. The screen lights up like it is playing but no sound on ipod or radio. When it started it would play when I switched to the radio but no go now. Goes in next week for a swap since it is still under warranty.
Hope you don't have the same results as fireball.

·
Registered
714 Posts
That sucks that they replaced everything and you still have problems. I'm going to try the AVC adjustment but don't see why that would affect anything seeing I've had it on and wide open since I owned the bike.
I'm up in the air about sending the HK into Iron Cross or just going aftermarket.
do it ;) You'll wonder why you didn't earlier.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
967 Posts
Don't bother with the HK unit if under warranty get HD to fix it. Replace it with an aftermarket one many great features the HK don't have like Bluetooth, USB, better tuning and analog outputs for amp set up.
Sale the HK unit on eBay +$300, Alpine 149 $200/ biketronics kit $200/ case of beer for install $20.00 total investment $120 and better sound with update options. ?

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So is mine. :D Been parked outside in a couple of those "2 inches in an hour" kind of storms. No issues. Though I know it might just be good luck.
What receiver do you have ? Do you have a rain cover on it ? If so which one ? What remote kit you using. I see folks having problems with those too.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alpine CDE-149BT. Hawg Wired kit. No rain cover.
Your killing me. I was looking for the old $ 20 dollar fix not a $500 dollar rehab. :D

·
Registered
613 Posts
To follow up on my problems, I talked with Harley Customer Service today and they escalated my claim up to the next level for what that's worth. They did verify I had a very lengthy list of notes on my case file. I pleaded my case they should completely replace all of the componets and send what they take off back to the factory to indentify the problem so they can know what is causing this issue. I passed along there are many other owners who are having this same problem. They are supposed to call me on Monday to explain what their plans are to resolve my problems. In the mean time I picked up my bike from the dealership so I can ride while the mother ship figures out how to fix my problems. I will pass along what they tell me.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To follow up on my problems, I talked with Harley Customer Service today and they escalated my claim up to the next level for what that's worth. They did verify I had a very lengthy list of notes on my case file. I pleaded my case they should completely replace all of the componets and send what they take off back to the factory to indentify the problem so they can know what is causing this issue. I passed along there are many other owners who are having this same problem. They are supposed to call me on Monday to explain what their plans are to resolve my problems. In the mean time I picked up my bike from the dealership so I can ride while the mother ship figures out how to fix my problems. I will pass along what they tell me.
Thanks , definitely keep us updated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts