Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Not looking to hijack your post but what about the side car cycle lids ? The hole in them would be big enough for sound but small enough for water not to get in and they also have a drainage system to go with it. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Does anyone have, seen or have info on the quality of the lids?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I saw them on a street glide built by Ray Price HD. They are sleek, but not as nice as the CVO lids IMO. They are better looking than all of the others besides the CVO lids though. Here's a pic, though I wasn't focused on the lids at the time. ImageUploadedByMO Free1377344395.840965.jpg

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Garvin, Donut... Im just inquiring on new equipment.. LoL..

Thx.. For the info guys. I saw a pic in a magazine of Hog Tunes lids & it showed that it has a neat drainage system to funnel out the water, but I never saw it on a bike or any post on them.

As for the HD lids, they do look great especially with the HD logo on them. I'm just not sure of what speaker to put in it that will fit right, sound good, as well as don't leak..

Lastly, the Sidecar Cycle set up looks sweet, I just never saw anyone with it or even post any real time info on it.. They seem real good when you read the spec, I would like to hear some responses from actual customers..

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
CVO lids and HYBRID i57-2 - are good from my end

the tweets are still a bit sharp, but whatever

it looks like they're sold out, need to call them next week, drainage on the 5x7's is better than the 6x9's in the cvo lids because the 5x7's top mount where as the 6x9's back mount with a gapped spacer.

none of my stuff got wet with the cvo setup, and I got hammered twice by some sideways rain, spent 3 hours at an indian reservation, eating wings and
attempting to hold a warm cup of coffee

I can't even afford a lawyer

hog tunes backs all their stuff up, just can't confirm if 200w per speaker would do it for you

coming from a quad

I did install a rubber gasket under the mating area

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I just saw the Hog Tunes for the first time, I like them.....

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Q my buddy is building a 26" street glide with 6 speakers in the fairing. While those are not Hogtunes, he is using the new HT speaker lids. He said they sound amazing and they look great too. Here's a side shot

Top shot

And the fairing.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Q my buddy is building a 26" street glide with 6 speakers in the fairing. While those are not Hogtunes, he is using the new HT speaker lids. He said they sound amazing and they look great too. Here's a side shot

Top shot

And the fairing.

Damn Laxin that inner fairing is a Beast!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Thx Lax.. I might change a few things for SW4..

Did your friend get a deal on the lids?

Yeah it's his shop so he gets crazy deals. When your serious about buying them let me know what price you get and ill see if he can beat it. Ill ship the, for ya if his price is good.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts