Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running the 5x7 HT fronts since I got my bike in 09 (with no amp) and also have the HT in my tour pack (that is detachable). I recently added lowers to my bike also. I am considering changing out my present front only HT to the J&M Rokker's 7.25 with their Fairing Spkr Grills w/Mid-Twt set up. Anyone else do this swap out. I am looking for a better/louder/clearer sound without adding an amp to the mix. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I used HT 5x7 with the 70 watt amp and then I swapped out the 70 att amp for the HT 140 watt amp and then I swapped them out and put the J&M Rokker speakers in with the J&M 250 watt amp.
I only have the 2 speakers in the fairing and the J&M setup produced better sound at highway speed then the HT systems did. I think the 250 watt amp was the biggest improvement when it comes to sound so it would be best to get a amp for your sound system weather you keep the HT system or go with the J&M system.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. From what you are both saying (and it makes sense), keep what I have and boost it with one of the HT amps. Honestly the price of that amp will be about the same as changing out the speakers, so that may work best. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts