Road Glide banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an ad for these in america iron, I've got a short legged wife, so ordered a pair, no more scuffed lids, when she no rides I just take off & then put back on when she rides, she has not even noticed when they are on....... Neat.

www.hogcovers.com. For what it's worth

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Those look pretty freakin cool. I added the site to my favorites, but they are on "the list".

Thanks for sharing that info and link.

Rowdy

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
They do look pretty cool. From reading their website (I actually did read it, and not just look at the pictures of the very pretty model :D ), it appears that there isn't much contact with top of the lid, it just clips on to the front and back, and those places on the Hogcover are coated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Orange & black 09. SE CVO.... Covers do not really touch lid except for very front and back it covers all of the lid so you see no edges

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Very cool idea. I tried to show my wife the site, but all she kept commenting on was how she liked the models shoes.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool idea. I tried to show my wife the site, but all she kept commenting on was how she liked the models shoes.
That just is too funny, just wonderful, :):(:)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Funny, I didn't notice she was wearing shoes. Mmmmm, blondes.....:D

Good idea though. Nice to see something US made.

RT

·
Registered
656 Posts
These are the lids I saw in Sturgis this past summer. I got a chance to talk to the owner. We stayed at the same hotel and saw him out in the parking lot. They look 10 times better in person. You can not tell that they are on the bike. The only thing that sucks is you can't use them on the denim paint.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sure ya can, just take a brillo pad to the top of them and they will be satin finished just like the denim. LOL JUST KIDDING.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
These are the lids I saw in Sturgis this past summer. I got a chance to talk to the owner. We stayed at the same hotel and saw him out in the parking lot. They look 10 times better in person. You can not tell that they are on the bike. The only thing that sucks is you can't use them on the denim paint.
Im sure you just just paint the protectors denim. If they get scratched, big deal.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Im sure you just just paint the protectors denim. If they get scratched, big deal.
Exactly,.. just paint a set of these and throw them on. If they get scratched, sand them till smooth and paint again. A lot easier to take these off and retouch then the saddlebag lids :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice! On the list.

·
Registered
170 Posts
One more denim problem (so it says) is that the lids need to be clear coated, I'm assuming so that the lids will be thick enough to fit tight enough.
It is discussed in their FAQ
I had actually been thinking about a set of Road King Classic bags.
Yeah I know it will look like shit but so will those black covers that will do more damage than the ole lady. :eek:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sure ya can, just take a brillo pad to the top of them and they will be satin finished just like the denim. LOL JUST KIDDING.
Sorry, I'm not bustin on your scoot but I just noticed you signature "Copper" I got a riding buddy with an 08 Batwing and we call it the Duracell Copper Top Battery LOL!! :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
No problem dude, Copper gets ragged on a lot, but I like it so that's all that matters. The main reason I bought it is because it's different, kinda like me!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,948 Posts
An innovative idea, but for me it'll be that 3M clear protectant that several companies have started to offer in pre-cut kits. HD offers it as well as this company. http://motorcycle-armor.com/motorcyclearmor_main.htm

It's gotten great reviews, easy to install, and when it's trashed just peel it off and put new ones on. It's damned near invisible. Same stuff they use as high end car bras.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
It's gotten great reviews, easy to install, and when it's trashed just peel it off and put new ones on.
Very easy install,.. but wait till you try to get that sucker off :D You will be regretting putting it on. I will tell you, that was with the first stuff they were coming out with, back in the early 2000's. I haven't tried any of the clear stickers they are selling now, maybe something changed but the old stuff you would spend a long time try to get the sticky residue off. The longer it was on there,.. the worse it was getting off. It also would had a kind of UV protectant in it,.. so everywhere you put it on would show. All those little lines and cut marks, you could tell exaclty where the sticker was when it was removed. Again, things may have changed and they might of worked out all those things, Im basing my first hand knowledge of when I was in a body shop and had to deal with a couple cars that had them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Support

I like the idea but no military discount. They just slid down the must have list for me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.