Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shark of the Month July 13
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a set of covers for the lids of my rg. Decorated it with some bling that are not sticky enough to stay on when I ride. So I want to super glue them on, but I am worried that the plastic is so thin that the super glue will leave a foggy white mark under the bling stone. Has anyone used the hogcovers and used glue on them??:confused:

·
Registered
235 Posts
as for glue try g6000 at wal mart craft area. silicon based used it on my grips and the plastic hood on my lawn tractor. Also power grab by loctite will work well and its good to have around the house.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Give hogcovers a call I'm sure they could give you some info to assist in your mod

·
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great customer service!!

They called me tonight to let me know they did a test with their cover and super glue. He said I shouldn't have a problem if I go with the gel

Attachments

·
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If a person actually wants to take the time to see better pictures of it they are in my profile under my albums

·
Registered
248 Posts
very neat idea, looks great, the ladies will love it, neat mod.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Mrs. Chain, I just bought some Loctite brand" Vinyl,Fabric & plastic Flexible Adhesive(seats,clothing,shoes,rainwear,canvas,rubber & leather) I got it at Homey Depot. It's also transparent. You might want to try a spot first to check it out. I worked great on my cover. Good Luck

·
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very neat idea, looks great, the ladies will love it, neat mod.
Thanks! Going to a poker run tomorrow in Hereford Texas so I'm excited to see what people do when they see them...hopefully they don't touch the fricken things

·
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mrs. Chain, I just bought some Loctite brand" Vinyl,Fabric & plastic Flexible Adhesive(seats,clothing,shoes,rainwear,canvas,rubber & leather) I got it at Homey Depot. It's also transparent. You might want to try a spot first to check it out. I worked great on my cover. Good Luck
Thanks for the info! I'll check that out next time I'm there.

·
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back from the poker run. Been busy with unpleasant things this week so I haven't had time to be on here. Everyone liked the bling on the hogcovers. Most would do a double take when looking at them because the plastic is so clear the bling looks like they are floating on top of the lids because of the shadow under them. Even the men were impressed. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts