Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had first hand experience with the Hogcovers for the saddlebag lids? They are a sponsor here and I'm interested in them for lid protection. They seem like a pretty good alternative to the vinyl bra's but I wonder how well they'll stay attached to the lid flying down the highway at 100mph. Any and all info is appreciated

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plus they look like they'd make a nice weather barrier for speaker lids

·
Registered
116 Posts
They work as expected, especially when the Mrs. tends to kick the saddlebags while climbing on board. Stay on while traveling at interstate speeds(70+) Only problem with them, is trying to keep the scratches off of them. You also need to be careful of getting any kind of dirt/sand under them that would act like sandpaper on your painted saddlebag. Had them on my bike when new for 6 mos. but took them off.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I want to use them for is to cover the speaker lids I'm going to be putting on. I figure id maybe sacrifice the Hogcovers in order to keep the saddlebags from getting filled with water from the speakers. They won't be on all the time

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a set. Good product-They work as described. As noted above they scratch very easy. I use mine only when I have a passenger.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
They should work for your purpose. Use them when my son rides with me. Had one come off somewhere on a trip. They replaced for a shipping charge only. They do scratch but at least the bags don't.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
They operate as advertised. I was between Cedar City and Provo, Utah on I-5 doing approx. 75 mph with a strong cross wind from the left at 40 mph gusting to 60 mph. The left bag came off in the severe cross wind.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I have had two sets in the past two years and have only one lid cover left. Seem to blow off two easy when riding hard. I bought them to keep the o'lady from marking up the lids with her boots and they worked fine till they blew off and I couldn't find them. She refuses to wear the bubble wrap boot covers I made for her and now wonders why she doesn't ride along as often. Just kidding. I never cared that they scratched up from boots and other things.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like my Shore Fire designs, nice leather, patters, and soft inside

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
What I want to use them for is to cover the speaker lids I'm going to be putting on. I figure id maybe sacrifice the Hogcovers in order to keep the saddlebags from getting filled with water from the speakers. They won't be on all the time
Rob, I have the Hogcovers Speaker Covers and they work great.
They snap in place and stay on with no problems.
Mike U.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had a set. Work as advertised. They do scratch easily (which is better than the bags taking a beating). I ended up having one blow off in Sturgis this year somewhere on I-90 (heavy cross winds). I gave the remaining one as a spare to my buddy who also had a set.

·
Shark of the Month July 13
3,145 Posts
I've had sets for my old bike and now my new one. Haven't had any problems with them yet coming off. I've painted a set and stuck bling on them (I realize you won't be putting bling on yours) and haven't had issues with that either. They do scratch from whatever is sat on them or rubbed across them, but I don't care since I bought them for the purpose of protecting my lids.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have a set. Good product-They work as described. As noted above they scratch very easy. I use mine only when I have a passenger.
I have a set and they work ok, but will scratch the bag lid itself if they get anything abrasive underneath. They will also rub the lids a little, even without foreign material. They just do not look good on a black bike like mine. I solved this by coating them on the outside with black Plastidip, look much better on the bike. I only use them when carrying a passenger. She manages to scuff the Hogcovers every time, so they are worth using and do protect the shiny black lids.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Scratches in Hog Covers can be rubbed out with Novus #2 and elbow grease. I had no problem with them coming off at 85 MPH. I did have some scratching occur in the clearcoat of my lids from dust that gets under the vertical edges of the long sides of the Hog Covers. I have thought of recommending that the company try putting the silicone adhesive that holds the covers on at the front and back, all the way around the covers. That could prevent dust from getting under the covers and would also prevent side winds from getting under there as well. I was going to try doing that myself but since I didn't know what kind of silicone they used I didn't want to take a chance of getting the covers stuck on the lids.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
like others said the Hog Covers scratch easy and I also lost one going down the freeway. I never thought they looks very good but it did help the boot marks on my lids from my passengers boots on trips.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts