Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm close to buying these replacement fairing speakers and it dawned on me that I never asked the wealth of knowledge, experience and opinion that is this forum.
So, with that said, does anyone have the Hogtunes, 5X7in, replacement fairing speakers?
How do you like them?
Is their performance better than stock? More bass, louder?

Thanks in advance for your input.

HSP

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have them as well as the rears. They are def better than stock. Running them off a hogtunes amp, so can't say how good they are unamplified.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Not sure about Hogtunes, but I'm going Hawg Wired!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Went Hawgwired ZX's myself. Read a lot of posts and asked some questions before choosing. Added RF PBR300x2 and Pioneer G1644R's to inner fairing.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I went all the way with the HT 6 speaker system, not much added bass due to no enclosure but it is much louder than stock, no distortion if i keep the bass and treb tuned right. one issue i'm having is the fabric on the grills are fading.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just finish Hogtunes install on my RGU I did it all thou, much louder not a lot of bass. I really only listen rock, country and a bit of rap. For the price they work very good so far, Hogtunes has excellent service and 20 year warranty. The stock one is tiny compared to the 5x7

The list go's like so:

Big RG Kit 160amp front and rear speakers.
REV 7 Woofers 140amp lowers
Tweeter Pod
Boom! Bass Booster Ports (makes her ass shake):D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I run Hog Tunes for 3 1/2 years and I never had any problems with them, HT is a good reliable product and customer service is 2nd to none. I have the 5x7 speakers with the 140 watt 2 channel amp and it sits in storage right now. I am only running the 2 speakers in the upper fairing so I wanted a little more audio so I went to the J&M rokker speakers and the 250 watt 2 channel amp. For the price HT works well so it all depends on how much you want to spend but I would not discourage you from getting a HT system.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figgered

Just finish Hogtunes install on my RGU I did it all thou, much louder not a lot of bass. I really only listen rock, country and a bit of rap. For the price they work very good so far, Hogtunes has excellent service and 20 year warranty. The stock one is tiny compared to the 5x7

The list go's like so:

Big RG Kit 160amp front and rear speakers.
REV 7 Woofers 140amp lowers
Tweeter Pod
Boom! Bass Booster Ports (makes her ass shake):D
Thanks for posting those pictures. I figured the magnets on the back of the stock speakers had to be pretty small compared to the Hogtunes speakers.

Well, I'm glad that everyone had such a positive response to my question cause I just picked up theHogtunes 5X7 speakers this afternoon. :D

HSP

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
I got the HT kit. 5X7 speakers and HT 35 watt amp. Sounds much better than stock but not near as good as a high dollar set up. The kit i got can be had on fleabay for under 3 bills.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
another member here has 5x7 polks in the hogtunes 5x7 rings and likes them, running biketronics 480 and 240, a pair of pioneer in the inner fairing, cycle sounds lids with polk db691 for the lids thru a pioneer marine head

Went Hawgwired ZX's myself. Read a lot of posts and asked some questions before choosing. Added RF PBR300x2 and Pioneer G1644R's to inner fairing.
wondering how you are liking your setup?

I like that combo up front

brian, I ended up turning down my amp gains almost a whole point while running the PEQ, to offset the extra juice it adds, to like 4-4.5

but not to hijack - hogtunes is "A" brand - we should start a wiki

it's corn-fusing

I think the hog tunes amp is 60w per and stock radio 40w per

a good goal would be 100w per, times 4 or 6 or 8

since crazy was the master inspiration for application in my book, and neano, but anything you end up with will make you happier than when you started

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I went all the way with the HT 6 speaker system, not much added bass due to no enclosure but it is much louder than stock, no distortion if i keep the bass and treb tuned right. one issue i'm having is the fabric on the grills are fading.
Same setup here, same opinion. Have to recover speaker covers

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Gotta say the wire grills do improve volume and clarity. I just swapped from cloth OEM and difference noticeable, regardless of speaker. As to speaker, had ZX and loved them. Now run focals and love them too.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Same setup here, same opinion. Have to recover speaker covers
I had the same problem with the speaker grills fading and I called HT and they sent me a new set of speaker grills at no cost to me. They mentioned that you can take a fabric paint and paint the speaker grill if you wanted to.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Gotta say the wire grills do improve volume and clarity. I just swapped from cloth OEM and difference noticeable, regardless of speaker. As to speaker, had ZX and loved them. Now run focals and love them too.
What wire grills did you use?

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Hawg wired grills. If you have cloth you will be pleasantly surprised...
Thanks . those were the ones I was looking at too. not bad for $30. I'll look forward to the better sound too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another low cost option to get a little better sound, look into Acoustic Pads they adhere to the inside of the fairing to help give a cleaner sound, and going with J&M they run 45 so with fleabay and other options out there you could save a few more bucks on that addon as well.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I installed the Hog Tunes big ultra kit with front and rear speakers and amp in one kit. Very pleased with volume-much louder than stock. Trouble free operation after 1 1/2 years.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts