Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife went outside her comfort zone and bought me the Hogtunes Amp and 5x7REV/RG kit for the bike. Anybody have any experience with this set up? She got a smokin deal on it. Thanks

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
What Amp did you get? I got the 5x7 35 watts per channel kit. It sounds much better than stock but its on the bottom of a long list if your really trying to build a system. Hog tunes stands behind there products too. Dump the cloth speaker covers and get some Hawg wired wire covers. They are a big improvement over cloth.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've got the Big RG kit and the Rev 7 woofers on my ultra so far so good.
Hogtunes has very good customer service and stand behind their products.
Sure it's not the best system out there but does a great job for the price.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the 70 watts per channel, 140 watt amp. I'm not looking to win any sound competitions, just wanted something better than stock. And I'm never going to expand on it either.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I got the same amp as you have & just added the 5x7 speakers to replace the JM speakers because the right one was blown. They were on the bike when I bought it. I decided to go with Hogtunes 5x7's because they matched with the 140 watt amp. So far I'm pleased with the system.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
It's the 70 watts per channel, 140 watt amp. I'm not looking to win any sound competitions, just wanted something better than stock. And I'm never going to expand on it either.
My Buddy has that System on his 2012 FLTRX and loves it.
Sound is great in my opinion and I have the HW 6 pack on my 2012 FLTRX.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
You will be very happy unless your a radio head lol

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Been chatting back and forth with PEZ for a few days now. Still debating if I am gonna go with the 70w x 2 to pump the front speakers and the rears on the h/u or the 40w x 4 and do all four.

Finally had a chance to hear the HT set-up in person on a buddies CVO SG and it sounded pretty damn good. Plenty loud and clear. Yes there is better and there will always be something better. But HT is a great bang for the buck and they have excellent customer service. I always say no matter how good it sounds at bike night they all pretty much sound the same at 70mph.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Did the same upgrade over the winter, took the RGU out for a ride and was pleased to hear the low spots in a Pink Floyd song. Oh, and watch for the bass vibration through the highway pegs. I thought something was wrong with my ride until I figured out where it was coming from.

For the price, I feel the sound and performance is all I need. :cool:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Been chatting back and forth with PEZ for a few days now. Still debating if I am gonna go with the 70w x 2 to pump the front speakers and the rears on the h/u or the 40w x 4 and do all four.
your cant beat Hogtunes for the price and customer service.

IMO i would use the 40x4. I used the 40x4 to power 7" lowers and fronts and it rocked.

I just added the 70x2 this winter to power the 7" lowers and use the 40x4 for the front and rear. For some reason, the 40x4 seemes to have a better low end response than the 70x2 :confused::confused:

You cant beat it if your on a budget though.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
your cant beat Hogtunes for the price and customer service.

IMO i would use the 40x4. I used the 40x4 to power 7" lowers and fronts and it rocked.

I just added the 70x2 this winter to power the 7" lowers and use the 40x4 for the front and rear. For some reason, the 40x4 seemes to have a better low end response than the 70x2 :confused::confused:

You cant beat it if your on a budget though.

Not gonna do speakers in the lowers in the foreseeable future. Have just been debating if I want more power to the front speakers via the 70w x 2 since on the highway the tour pak speakers become irrelevant anyway. I don't hear them and my wife says she hears the fronts over the rears anyway. Especially on windy days.

And I am not really on a budget other than a common sense one. Had originally planned to spend much more on audio upgrades but I smacked myself back into reality. I know what to expect from an m/c system at speeds. As long as I can hear it clear I am golden. Don't need to impress the bike night crowds or the soccer moms at stoplights.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What Amp did you get? I got the 5x7 35 watts per channel kit. It sounds much better than stock but its on the bottom of a long list if your really trying to build a system. Hog tunes stands behind there products too. Dump the cloth speaker covers and get some Hawg wired wire covers. They are a big improvement over cloth.
Ok, more money, wire covers. Thanks lol!

·
Registered
8,656 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the 140 amp and new HT speakers,I think if you want a amp and new speakers for $300 you can't go wrong with HogTunes:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts