Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in Hog tunes amp and speakers. I've blown one speaker on one occasion. The next thing the amp goes it toke three weeks to get a new amp. Now on my way to Key West the amp blows again in Tampa. Be warned Hog tunes SUCK.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I know a lot of guys that run thier speaker lids and kits and love them. I have also heard thier customer service is great I wonder if you got a bad set. I. Sure they will replace them without hassle.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
The ONLY thing I'd run is their lids. Speakers and amps on the same line as BOOM

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
They aren't worth the money, we take allot of those systems off. Only reason most ppl get them is they are easy to install.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I've had my Hog Tunes amp & speakers for about 4-years now without issue. They are a nice upgrade over the stock speakers and no amp, but certainly not the best products out there. I have heard much better systems than mine, but for the price I paid I'm content.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man I could use some luck with their products. The second amp has blown jeez.

·
Registered
9,326 Posts
The ONLY thing I'd run is their lids. Speakers and amps on the same line as BOOM
+1 . They are what they are. Better than stock , plug and play .
When I ran them , I never had any problem with the amp or speakers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have one of their REV kits, 5x7 speakers and a 140 watt amp. Blew a speaker third time out, they replaced. My only complaint, no bass. Overall I'm happy with it. If I wanted to spend more I know I could solve my lack of bass.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to share. My 2nd custom bike is RK 2011 & im using hog tunes amps & speakers. 1st setup 7" lower fairing speakers & 6x9 lid speakes with 200x4 amps sounds good but not enough bass. 2nd upgrade same speakers with 2 nos of 200x2 amps plus with preamp & IPOD as a main source. The result is really satisfied. Almost a year using it no problem at all

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just my 2 cents, here. I've been running the Hogtunes set up for a year, and with no issues. I will say that there is a lack of Bass that could be improved upon, but overall pretty happy with the set up.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I put the Hog Tunes Big Roadglide kit on my 2011 RGU . Front and tourpac speakers and amp installed in 2011---never blew a speaker or had a problem with the amp in 45K miles of travel. And yes, I do play it loud enough to hear under a 3/4 helmet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts