·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Superior Blue "I hate them". Can t trust anything that doesn't come with a blue option.:wink:
Every time I look at my faring speaker grills.........you!!!!!

All the reviews have great things to say and for $500, they seem doable - Many charge that for one......unpainted

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
$1300 sucks. I found mine on ebay. Chinese ones. Painter said they weren't terrible to work with. I spent either $400 or $500 on them. Eastern Performance also sells just the lower bags.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the fact that these come in factory color match- as long as its either black denim or vivid black! these guys must own black street glides as well!
Stats show the most popular color for Harleys........wait for it.......BLACK - Why not focus on the mainstay and not worry about keeping up with the new colors that come out every year - Smaller shops need to protect the bottom line and this is a great way to do so - Plus, keeps the painters busy :wink:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
It's kinda like a new bike.....you could have the old ones painted with some fancy design and then it would almost be like having two bikes, just switch it up whenever you felt like it. Get a 2nd outer fairing with a different windshield and then it would look totally different.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's kinda like a new bike.....you could have the old ones painted with some fancy design and then it would almost be like having two bikes, just switch it up whenever you felt like it. Get a 2nd outer fairing with a different windshield and then it would look totally different.
You're creative......I like that

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any of you Cats running these? HD wants $1300 and these are $500......but of they are No Bueno then I'll pass.....but it looks pretty damn plug and play to this Momma's Boy

https://hogworkz.com/stretched-saddlebags-for-harley-14-17-touring-painted-vivid-black.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrYnij7C01QIVGoezCh0GOADiEAkYCSABEgL-p_D_BwE
Had the same idea for my bike...after paying HD for their version of "stretched bags". The HD bag stretch isn't full length and as you state, pretty pricey. Ended up getting the Advan Black set (https://www.advanblack.com/color-matched-stretched-extended-saddlebag-bottoms-for-harley-2014-touring.html) and am quite happy. Sprung for the matching rear fender extension as well.

Hoping someone on eBay bails me out of some of the $$$ expended for the HD bags.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have to get extended bags brother, you know that.
What is truly funny here is I am spending $$ on Cosmetic Stuff and leaving the M8 Motor Stock - In days past, I was all about the Go (Stage 4 bitch, anything else sucks) and cared less about the show - Still not sure which way is easier on the wallet

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
What is truly funny here is I am spending $$ on Cosmetic Stuff and leaving the M8 Motor Stock - In days past, I was all about the Go (Stage 4 bitch, anything else sucks) and cared less about the show - Still not sure which way is easier on the wallet
Either or neither depending how deep you wanna get into it!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Stats show the most popular color for Harleys........wait for it.......BLACK - Why not focus on the mainstay and not worry about keeping up with the new colors that come out every year - Smaller shops need to protect the bottom line and this is a great way to do so - Plus, keeps the painters busy :wink:

Says the guy with the black Road Glide!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts