Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
That’s a good look car.

Reactions: Brewiz

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Looking nice Michael
Will that model become a collector's version similar to Corvettes ?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nice cars, guys. Great to hear of a Holden meet in the US also!

I have a limited edition 2003 VY SS Commodore wagon, one of the last long-wheelbase models. Just 800 produced in 03 and 04 ... it's a rarity that has been under the radar for a long time, but prices are finally rising. I am just the second owner. Full service history, 255,000 miles on the LS1 (late 90s Corvette) engine, and fabulously reliable. Matching numbers.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

The value of all Holden V8s has gone through the roof since GM pulled the plug on Holden as a manufacturer down here, almost 5 years ago.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got an old VT Series 2 Berlina. Probably should send it off the to scrap yard.
Has the 3.8L Ecotech, someone has played with the ECU so it revs out to around 7,200rpm. Not a straight panel on it, but got along the highway nicely when I had to travel to the snow every day.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
The car I will never own.
The Holden UTE SSV Redline.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts

I always thought the Ute's were cool.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I always thought the Ute's were cool.
They are, and the coolest of the lot is the Maloo - which is a very powerful sports car in worksite clothes LOL.
Holden Special Vehicles (the hot rod division, now also deceased) took a standard V8 ute and worked it. They offered Maloos since the 1990s but this was the final version.....

HSV / Maloo R8 LSA

And there was a last-minute limited edition fire-breathing monster edition..........

Wonderful vehicles, usually driven by rich semi-retired builders... all now very collectable.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

That's because you would never be able afford one now!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.