Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I've seen pictures of a single one mounted under the tour pak shining on the ground behind the bike. Looks like a better option.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Found on the internet Customize That Ride - Custom LED Light Kits some hologram lights for our rides. The only problem I see is that you have to make a big hole on the bottom of each saddlebag to install them.
The effect is kind of cool

I just ordered this set.
Hope they look like the photo.
I'll post up a review and photo when I get them installed.
Mike U.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I would think that a bracket of some sort could be made to bolt somewhere that way you don’t have to drill into the bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I just received a phone call from Steve at Customize That Ride.
Apparently, I entered my address incorrectly and he wanted to verify it before sending the lights out.
He was very personable and helpful on the phone.
I'm looking forward to getting these cool lights installed.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Mike U.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I just received a phone call from Steve at Customize That Ride.
Apparently, I entered my address incorrectly and he wanted to verify it before sending the lights out.
He was very personable and helpful on the phone.
I'm looking forward to getting these cool lights installed.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Mike U.
Let us know how they work out. Hope they look like the pic

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I've seen them mounted on the bottom of the front down tubes on a bike at one of the local bike nites

·
Registered
450 Posts
I would think that a bracket of some sort could be made to bolt somewhere that way you don’t have to drill into the bags.

I think a bracket off of the exhaust pipe mount could work. However, they look pretty deep. If they are too close to the ground the image would be really small.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Well I ordered these lights on Monday the 12th and they arrived today the 16th.
Now that’s what I call Great Service.
They came all boxed up and I can honestly say they are extremely well made.
I’ll try and upload some pics.
I’m looking forward to getting these lights installed.
Mike U.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I put some ghost lights in my bags a couple of years ago. Drilled holes in bottom of bags and wired to accessory switch. No issues with mounting; light sealed hole well.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I put some ghost lights in my bags a couple of years ago. Drilled holes in bottom of bags and wired to accessory switch. No issues with mounting; light sealed hole well.
Those look awesome Banshee!
I'm looking forward to getting mine installed.
Where on the bottom of the bags did you install them?
Mike U.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Drilled the hole at the back end, outside portion of bag just in from the back wall where the bottom flattens out. Then ran the wires over the little center hump in the bottom of the bag, down the channel that runs along the bottom and up the side of the bag. The wires are small diameter, so I think you could work them between the bag and front bag bolt grommet. But to simplify it I drilled another small hole close to that front bag Bolt just large enough for the heat shrink covered wires to fit through. I used a molex connector just outside the bag before running the wires on to my accessory switch connection. It’s an easy disconnect of the molex plug to pull the bags.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Drilled the hole at the back end, outside portion of bag just in from the back wall where the bottom flattens out. Then ran the wires over the little center hump in the bottom of the bag, down the channel that runs along the bottom and up the side of the bag. The wires are small diameter, so I think you could work them between the bag and front bag bolt grommet. But to simplify it I drilled another small hole close to that front bag Bolt just large enough for the heat shrink covered wires to fit through. I used a molex connector just outside the bag before running the wires on to my accessory switch connection. It’s an easy disconnect of the molex plug to pull the bags.

Thanks for the reply Brother.
I appreciate it.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Well I ordered these lights on Monday the 12th and they arrived today the 16th.
Now that’s what I call Great Service.
They came all boxed up and I can honestly say they are extremely well made.
I’ll try and upload some pics.
I’m looking forward to getting these lights installed.
Mike U.
He's an hour away from me...gonna have to give him a call and see if he can do a custom one.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
He's an hour away from me...gonna have to give him a call and see if he can do a custom one.
Best of Luck Bevis.
Steve is a great guy in my book.
Give him a call and mention that you heard of him by me on Our Forum. I`m sure he will help you out.
Mike U.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts