Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine just called and said he added new grips last night and now has no cruise and check engine light is coming on , I'm going to look at it this evening what do I need to look for or what should I expect when I get there ? surely he just pinched a wire maybe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
690 Posts
I agree with you that a pinched or loose wire in the controls, or he tugged on a spliced wire in his bundle :eek: I was amazed how many factory splices I had in my control wires on both sides when I had them out. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
It may be the brake light switch in the right side switch housing or the clutch safety switch in the left side switch housing, both of these will effect the cruise function.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
It may be the brake light switch in the right side switch housing or the clutch safety switch in the left side switch housing, both of these will effect the cruise function.
I bet that's it. check for brake light when hand lever is squeezed

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree on the brake light switch (unfortunately I am speaking from experience). I have done dozens of grips without forgetting to install the end of a zip tie between the lever and the housing, but all it takes is one to remind you. Most dealers keep them in stock for those of us that forget. If memory serves me right I believe they are about $45.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts