Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow $350-600 price quotes to color match a TP Candy Orange. That black TP on the Orange bike looks a lot better.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It's that tri stage candy paint. I spent 600.00 for the qt base and clear and painted everything myself.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Those 3 stage paints are not cheap. I just spent a fortune for my inner fairing and saddlebag speaker lids to be painted. I can't buy mirage orange pearl painted parts from harley anymore so I had a painter match it. Talk about sticker shock

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I'm repainting almost my entire bike BBP. I feel your pain. With the prices at horny toad it's worth it just to buy new when you talking Harley body work

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
I'm repainting almost my entire bike BBP. I feel your pain. With the prices at horny toad it's worth it just to buy new when you talking Harley body work
I agree about buying it painted from HD. Unfortunately I found out from Pcpain that the MoCo sorta discontinued my mop for painted parts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Pat123

I have a set of Hog Tune lids I was going to get color matched and install speaker on my 13 Candy Orange RG, Are you saying the paint and clear alone was $600? I was hoping to get the whole job done for less than that. :confused:

·
Registered
4,300 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I've been doing a bunch of Candy Orange bikes lately, the PPG tri-coat formulas are a perfect match these days and is not that bad to shoot when you get the hang of it.
The main layer is the PPG high price code but the candy layer is a cheaper "no code" for a pint of each it will still be about $300 though.

$600 to shoot the tri-coats on a tour pac is not out of line at all considering the materials cost to do a good job.

Btw, don't waste your money on the HD parts counter paints!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Harley did use PPG paint, as far as I know they still do. Most of there colors are protected codes but you can get them. A PPG paint supply store may have them, the store I go to has most of them.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I posted the current PPG codes at the top of this page, I still need to add the 2015 codes that I have but it looks like they are almost all PPG special order colors this year. That means your local jobber will have to order direct from the PPG Cleveland plant but at least we can get the stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts