Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 years ago I did the inner fairing speakers mod. After multiple speaker combos, and decks I think I finally found the set up. This is just my personal experience and opinion.

First set up
Stock HK deck
Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x4
Polk Audio DB651

The Polks lasted about 9 months before the tweeters gave out.

Second set up
Stock HK deck
Polk Audio DXI651

Third set up
Alpine UTE42BT
Polk Audio DXI651

Again the Polks gave up the ghost after about a year.

Forth set up
Alpine UTE42BT
Rockford Fosgate P165 speakers

Alpine UTE42BT started having issues being controlled by the Hawg Wired kit. Volume up made the song go back to the beginning. Also doing some other weird stuff.

Fifth set up
Sony MEX-M50BT
Rockford Fosgate PBR3000x4
Rockford Fosgate P165 speakers

I think I finally found the right combo. Streaming music to the Sony via BT and setting up the Sony. This combo blows away any of the above set ups. An yes you can see the display in direct sunlight if anyone is wondering. Just wanted to share my experience so others don't have to go down the same road I did. Sorry for the long write up.

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
When you go to the 6th set up, try a different amp and you will be more amazed. Before anyone gets upset, the RF is a good amp, it's just an amp with a class A power supply that can work well with the rca low level input sounds better IMO, and yes, I've had 4 RF amps so I'm speaking from experience.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was running 2 of those RF 300x4 amps using RCA-low level input connections and recently just did the high level hook up and I have to say WOW! What a difference it made in how loud and clear the music was I had to totally retune my setup.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts