Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first bike! ’21 Rebel 300. Close to 600 miles and bout ready for it’s first oil change. Plenty zippy enough for around town but that’s about it. I’ve had it up to 84mph and it wouldn’t budge anymore. Light and nimble.

Aftermarket accessories include - Vance & Hines slip on muffler, Mustang seat, Quad Lock for phone, saddle bags (just one for now, long story), AC adapter (Or whatever it’s called, the lighter plug thingy), Puig Windshield, and I think that’s it. Probably will add a few more things at some point. I doubt I’ll get rid of it any time soon it’s just to much fun to zip around on. And I kinda like bing a 2 bike man. I got an option for friends that wanna go for a ride without a bike handy.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Plant Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
If I were 5'7" and 135 lbs, I'd have a fleet of small displacement bikes of different styles. Because I am not, I have to have at least a couple that can haul me around on the major roads.

·
Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I’m 5’6” 215lbs and it scoots me around. But the weight isn’t an issue. It would be the height. I get what you’re saying. Tall dudes would be knees in the face on the bike lol. Be like an adult on a tricycle.

·
Registered
2012 big blue pearl r.g. custom,chris rivas 574 cams. Rinehart extreme 4" RSD air cleaner barrnett c
505 Posts
My other bike now is a suzuki 400 drz super moto. It is a great little bike for short trips. I have taken it to arizona to keep at my new house. Im going to have to change gearing ! Everthing is so far away down here it is to buzzy

Glenn
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Fuel tank

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
My other bike is a 1979 Suzuki GS750LN. I purchased new in August 1979. It has 23,000 miles on it and I just can't sell it. It sits in the garage under a cover unless I take it to a VJMC event. One of these days I will part with it, just not yet. View attachment 440633
Keep it. It's worth more than you paid for it.

·
Administrator
13,537 Posts
Hope the zook does better with the D491 than my tour glides did ..
Hadda 78 750K ( hidden behind the house so my HD friends wouldnt see it ) , lusted after the Ducati SS900 back then ..
Thats a clean zook ..

JtB

·
Registered
460 Posts
My other bike is a 1979 Suzuki GS750LN. I purchased new in August 1979. It has 23,000 miles on it and I just can't sell it. It sits in the garage under a cover unless I take it to a VJMC event. One of these days I will part with it, just not yet. View attachment 440633
My first was very close to that bike...'82 GS750T. Slapped a Kerker on it and that thing screamed. Same paint as pic below, I had a small faring on it and we named it "The Bat Bike" 😂. T-boned a '64 Dodge Polara and it was gone.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
36 Posts
Keep it. It's worth more than you paid for it.
That bike cost me 3K out the door in August 1979. That was a lot of money back then, especially for me. It was quite a stretch to come up with the cash but I had a good summer job. I wanted the GS1000LN but I couldn't come up with the extra $500. Safe riding to you all.

·
Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Out on the Rebel today I got passed by a work truck and there was nothing I could do about it 😆
I was like noooo go faster go faster NOOOooooo damn. “Lucky I’m not on the RG punk” haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts