Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG since the new additions to the motor these damn D&D Fat cats are hott!!!! This my second bike with this pipe setup but I can't remember if they have every been this hot! Lol wow honestly it has got me thinking about another exhaust setup! It was 92 yesterday in Murfreesboro TN! What dual exhaust setup do you think can be had with similar results for hp/tq without the heat coming from the 2-1 right underneath my right leg??????

·
Registered
548 Posts
Did you have the bike tuned? Tuning will get rid of excessive heat due to lean from the factory. These guys are not too far away tune very well and will help you out, J&B Performance, 3885 Mt Hope Rd. Mohawk, Tennessee. (423) 470-4108.

·
Registered
878 Posts
We turn the thermostat up here in Murfreesboro to keep you HD guys out. What was Alamos temp?

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,476 Posts
I don't think you need to change exhaust. It could be in the tune but let me say that I have been riding a rental for the past few days while my bike gets back to me. It is a '15 Ultra Classic twin cooled. Temps have been in the mid 90's and this thing was very hot even though it has the water cooled heads. I just think you are feeling the effects of an air cooled motor on a hot day. If you have lowers it makes it even worse. I'm going to take mine off since the temps will reach 100 this week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.