Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now the question is how big of a front tire should I go using a stock rear tire.

180 or 200 ????

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
My 08 has a 130x16 on the front which is OEM and there isn't much more room for a bigger tire.
I think that I could do a 140 or maybe a 150 but the 130 looks fine and handles great so why change.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I see your going to that "Wide Front" look.....Personally, I would not have the front larger than the rear......If your stayoing with a stock 180 in the rear, that's as far as I'd push it......I have no clue how teh handleing may be afected, but I'd think it would just plain look odd having a larger width on the front that in the rear........

Off subject- Merry Christmas budy..... hope to see you and that scoot at some point next year......

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I'm not real sure of the physics involved...... but.... think about what happens if you have a wider tire in the front, than in the back, and you lean the bike hard in a corner.

I would think the squirrel factor would play a part.

With that said, I just went with a stock Ultra Limited front wheel, and love the way it rides and handles.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see your going to that "Wide Front" look.....Personally, I would not have the front larger than the rear......If your stayoing with a stock 180 in the rear, that's as far as I'd push it......I have no clue how teh handleing may be afected, but I'd think it would just plain look odd having a larger width on the front that in the rear........

Off subject- Merry Christmas budy..... hope to see you and that scoot at some point next year......
You too jetman, and next year we will even if I have to take a roadtrip lol

Fender is the same for 180 or 200

·
Registered
470 Posts
give Paul a call at Native Custom Baggers. iam sure he can give you an honest , experienced opinion ….great guy to deal with

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going with a 200. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts