Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a Ram X Grip for my phone to attach to the Iron Aces mount but It seems I'll have to cut the ball off the back of the X Grip. I want to put a bolt through the x grip. I don't want all that RAM crap with the ball and extra pieces cluttering stuff up. Has anyone done this?

Pics?

Info?

Drew

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
dinggus is right. I originally bought the wrong one too. Check Amazon (2nd page) and you'll see it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm a little slow can some post an exact link please. Otherwise I see myself cutting the ball off the one I order. Thanks.
I don't have mine in front of me but I am pretty sure the ball has a bolt in it that just goes through the hole in the middle you can unscrew???

(edit), you might have to unscrew the 4 screws to get to it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Or .... just buy the one that Iron Aces sells for $30 and know that : A. - yeah, it's a few bucks more than I coulda gotten it for some other place , but B. - It'll be the right product and I'm supporting a sponsor that has awesome customer service. ;)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
I want to get a Ram X Grip for my phone to attach to the Iron Aces mount but It seems I'll have to cut the ball off the back of the X Grip. I want to put a bolt through the x grip. I don't want all that RAM crap with the ball and extra pieces cluttering stuff up. Has anyone done this?

Pics?

Info?

Drew
@HogPro....The following link will take you to the X-Grip install guide we put together for installing it on our Mounts. It is extremely important to note that you will need an X-Grip that has a center hole that goes completely through it as this is now it attaches to the Mount.

http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/content/iron-aces-speed-shop/road-glide-iphone-gps-mount/x-grip-installation-guide.pdf

Also, the following link will take you to the product listing on our website where you can view images of the X-Grip installed on the Mount. Just click on the main image and it will bring up the entire photo gallery where you can 'toggle' between all of the photos.

http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/road-glide-iphone-android-garmin-zumo-gps-mount/

Hope this helps but certainly let us know if you have any questions.

Lindsey :0)

fyi, we do not recommend using a RAM Ball with our Mounts simply because these cause the device to sit too far off the instrument bezel which overtime can put too much "torque" on the plastic that could evenutually cause it to crack.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lindsey, thanks for taking the time to post this for me. Greatly appreciated and i will check this out once the X grip arrives so i can get it installed. That's what I love about this forum. Great help available all the time.

Drew

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Certainly glad to help Drew and please let us know if you have any questions once your X-Grip arrives.

Have a good one!!

Lindsey :0)

btw...you are right, this is a great forum filled with even better people!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.