Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going for a lower slammed look on my 15 Special. I'm putting on a fat 18 inch wheel on the front. As such I want to lower my upper fairing about 3 to 4 inches but if I do I will have to remove my lower fairings.

Is there a way to modify the way my fairings are mounted so that they are 3 to 4 inches lower as well? I'm thinking that I could modify or get new engine guards that sit lower and give me better clearance.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
I don't think there's a way to lower them that much with out modifying the crash bar. There are some atermarket brackets the pushed it back some.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Lowering the upper fairing by 3-4 inches would leave no room for suspension travel either. Good luck if you give this a shot.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Lowering the upper fairing by 3-4 inches would leave no room for suspension travel either. Good luck if you give this a shot.
+1^^^^
It would seem that with the upper fairing lowered that much it would be hitting the front fender. The only way it would work is to have little to no movement in the front forks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the look I am going for. http://www.nativecustombaggers.com/index.php/bikes-for-sale/custom-road-glide-bagger-for-sale.html

Paul stated that he lowered the fairing a few inches. Since the bike as you see it has air ride its lowered to the fender when parked. It rises 3 inches for riding. This bike has no lower fairing thus no issue. My bike has lowers which I would like to keep as it adds to the bike and will house speakers soon.

I would like to drop the upper fairing to add to that low sleek look the fat 18 inch tire will bring. I'm guessing either I need to get custom lower fairings made that are shorter along with a custom crash bar so the tops of the lower fairings are lower and the bottom stays the same distance from the ground....or just give up and take the fairings off. I have the quick release kit so I guess I can play around with it.

I just think the 18 inch fat wheel without a lowered stance will not complete the look. Guess I'll change one thing at a time to see how I like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts