Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattly left floorboard on my 2019. 15,000 miles up.

Looking at the parts book, there are no fasteners.

Here's the underside.

The four rubber isolaters/bushings appear to be a press fit? Guess they wear out?

I'm not looking to buy an entire new rubber pad if I can fix this myself.

Any tips? I know how to fix rattly gas-tank caps on a Shovelhead, so there's gotta be a cheap-ass way to sort this!

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Any chance it isn't the floorboard itself but the attachment points to the mounts? I know theres that little metal spring washer that is part of the attachment. I guess that could rattle.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
With your foot on the board and the noise of the motor and exhaust, and not sure if you have a radio or not. You can hear it rattling?! Mayne more than that is loose.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The rubber you see on the bottom is a molded part of the footboard rubber. The rattle on mine (right) was easily detected by the lack of resistance when folding up. I'm going to add a rubber washer in the space between board and mount to fill up the void. I really don't wanr to 'crush' the board into the mount.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Yes, after deeper investigation it is a wear issue with the bolt hole in the front mount. The entire floorboard moves and metal hits metal when you tap on the front of the foot rubber. I can never hear it rattling while on the road, but it s****s me when I can tap a boot toe on the board before a ride and hear it.

I'll look at a slightly fatter bolt or see if some shims will stop the existing bolt from moving.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fixed the problem. The teflon tape was a great idea, but it kept riding up as i tried to press the bolt through the mount. In the end I placed 2 thin washers that were a tight fit on the long shoulder of this front floorboard mount bolt, one each side of the worn mount hole....and that stopped the rattle when you tapped the front of the board. Job done. And the board can still easily be folded up if need be. See here......

·
Registered
306 Posts
I fixed the problem. The teflon tape was a great idea, but it kept riding up as i tried to press the bolt through the mount. In the end I placed 2 thin washers that were a tight fit on the long shoulder of this front floorboard mount bolt, one each side of the worn mount hole....and that stopped the rattle when you tapped the front of the board. Job done. And the board can still easily be folded up if need be. See here......

Nice. Glad you got it snugged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts