Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It always takes me some fiddling and luck to get my windshield at the perfect angle where all that madstamagic happens.

But then when I want to raise or lower the shield I, inevitably, end up loosing that sweet spot.

Does anyone else have this issue? And do you have a way to mark the brackets so you know exactly where it's good?

tl;dr: hometoast has an issue finding and staying on the sweet spot. :eek:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I set it and forget it. If needing it higher is the issue how about a taller shield to just swap??? Shorter for solo and the Taller for two up?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I mark the bolt holes with a black sharpie. I raise and lower mine in te city sometimes when it gets hot and I need some air. I have found once you find your angle the height of the shield doesn't matter too much. I guess I have a big sweet spot

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I set it and forget it. If needing it higher is the issue how about a taller shield to just swap??? Shorter for solo and the Taller for two up?
but another shield so I don't have to adjust my adjustable windshield? heheeh

I mark the bolt holes with a black sharpie. I raise and lower mine in te city sometimes when it gets hot and I need some air. I have found once you find your angle the height of the shield doesn't matter too much. I guess I have a big sweet spot
True; I don't have to move it a whole lot, but when I do, I have to start all over again. You can see the black sharpie on the black brackets? I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
for tilt I use an app on my phone called TiltMeter. I know my sweet spot is 57 degrees and then raise up and down depending on need.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I marked mine by buying a '15.........:D

Sorry, I just had to bust on ya....! Don't hate! LOL!!! :D

I always just adjusted mine on the fly. I guess that isn't the safest way, but I ride hands free a lot.......

I have my old one for sale if anyone knows anyone who needs/wants one. I'll make 'em a good deal

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. I forgot I could use the phone to get a reading and use that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It always takes me some fiddling and luck to get my windshield at the perfect angle where all that madstamagic happens.

But then when I want to raise or lower the shield I, inevitably, end up loosing that sweet spot.

Does anyone else have this issue? And do you have a way to mark the brackets so you know exactly where it's good?

tl;dr: hometoast has an issue finding and staying on the sweet spot. :eek:
Simple. Measure distance from top of radio housing to top of windshield.
I use a 360 app on my phone which is a digital protractor. Simply lay it on windshield and adjust tilt. My personal sweet spot is 9 inches at 61 degrees
Easy to return after adjusting for whatever reason

·
Registered
654 Posts
Mine is full height for two-up riding and lowest for in town riding and I always leave it at the steepest angle.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I also marked my brackets w/ a silver sharpie. Easy to see the lines . .. . but I've never moved either since I set it there. If I ever fiddle with it or bump it out I can get back to my spot easily.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
"Protractor 360" APP.... for IPhone
58.... I set so I can look over and the ground 25 feet ahead of me. (nose height) Loosen and pull up without tilting if you want to shoot the air over your passenger. I add 6 degrees 2 up to 64. It works well for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts