Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good proven products that replace the seat bolt that can prevent someone from stealing your seat.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Smith and Wesson .40 and a locked garage. oh and a special seat nut and cap like the Brukus one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Go to your local hardware store and buy security bolts with the metal stud in the center, they would only come in either Allen head or Torq head. The screw driver that matches these kind of bolts would also have to be purchased. It is a style that is rarely carried by someone looking for a quick theft of a seat. It is hollow in the center to fit over the stud in the center of the bolt, the stud is the same height as the head of the bolt so standard Allen or Torq screw drivers won't engage the the bolt.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Go to your local hardware store and buy security bolts with the metal stud in the center, they would only come in either Allen head or Torq head. The screw driver that matches these kind of bolts would also have to be purchased. It is a style that is rarely carried by someone looking for a quick theft of a seat. It is hollow in the center to fit over the stud in the center of the bolt, the stud is the same height as the head of the bolt so standard Allen or Torq screw drivers won't engage the the bolt.
Security Torque. I also use them to secure my saddle bags.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not offering a solution, but food for thought. If they want it they will get it (and potentially do more damage than just scoring the seat), happened to my buddies bike. Lost the seat and had to fix the damage.

·
Registered
967 Posts
First hear about seat stolen concerns think will take long to removed.
Know about saddle bags and tour packs with quick detachable install stolen.
If some one want it bad chances are they will take the bike or made mayor damage.
Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts