Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have my 2015 RGS that seems to be shifting really hard. I know that Harley's typically shift hard but it is to the point that it kicks back sometimes hurting the tops of my toes. It isn't all the time I would say maybe 50% where it is really hard with the occasional kick back. I had my 5000 mile service done about a month ago and had redline with shockproof put in hoping that would smooth it out but it may have made it worse. I took off my heel shifter because it was just too far back for it to be convenient. So does anyone else have this problem or any ideas. Thanks all I appreciate the inputs.

Troy

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
From what I understand the new hydraulic clutch is not adjustable. Mine shifts buttery smooth, so I would probably take it in. Use that warranty its built into the price of the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
tlottman, I would have that looked at. I have never owned a Harley that was hard to shift. Noisy? Yes, but not hard or painful.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
.... since they went to electric starters, your Harley should never 'kick back' at'cha
........ get that baby into the service dept

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I need to bring er in. Thanks all for the inputs

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I'd definitely bring it to your dealer. I've never heard of a shifter "kicking back". Something isn't right. I don't have a 15 but wasn't there a recall on the clutch or something to do with shifting?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'd definitely bring it to your dealer. I've never heard of a shifter "kicking back". Something isn't right. I don't have a 15 but wasn't there a recall on the clutch or something to do with shifting?
The clutch recall had to do with the line being routed to close to the motor and essentially boiling the fluid.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it scheduled to go in on the 11th. Hate having to drop it off because this is prime riding season but hopefully they can find what is wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts