Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a butt ugly snow/rain day here and I have been wondering how others are considering what to do, if anything, on future riding plans this spring and summer.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
It's a butt ugly snow/rain day here and I have been wondering how others are considering what to do, if anything, on future riding plans this spring and summer.
Living like tomorrow is never coming. Enjoyed Daytona last weekend and living life emigo. If I was in my 70's or unhealthy, I might think differently.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Work is getting stressful. Boss called me yesterday and told me to come home. I told him I am not done and he might want to talk to my customer before making that decision. Heck, I've been living in Hotels all but one week in 2020 so far.
The local Harley shop is throwing a Saint Patrick's Day party tomorrow and I have been officially advised to practice social isolation until further notice. :unsure:

On the other hand my wife and I looked up cruises in Alaska hoping for a discount but that isn't happening yet.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
No change in plans at Daytona Bike Week......wish you were here..not really...lol
90B1EC87-C556-47E3-9CCF-53E25F55E6F0.jpeg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Work is getting stressful. Boss called me yesterday and told me to come home. I told him I am not done and he might want to talk to my customer before making that decision. Heck, I've been living in Hotels all but one week in 2020 so far.
The local Harley shop is throwing a Saint Patrick's Day party tomorrow and I have been officially advised to practice social isolation until further notice. :unsure:

On the other hand my wife and I looked up cruises in Alaska hoping for a discount but that isn't happening yet.
Man, that's got to be rough, hotels all the time.
Being over 70, I feel I can't afford to rely on others to self isolate when they need to. So I will stay away from large groups, no rallys this season.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Man, that's got to be rough, hotels all the time.
Being over 70, I feel I can't afford to rely on others to self isolate when they need to. So I will stay away from large groups, no rallys this season.
Keep your hands washed and use hand sanitizer when out and don't touch your face. Stay safe Hogman114.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Not changing much - hate the panic. But the market slump has whacked my retirement savings enough to make me a little conservative on spending right now.

·
Super Moderator
9,886 Posts
Wifey is skeered , me I am doing my thing , not changing a thing ..

They say the "elderly is anyone over 60" , I say oh well I'm over 60 , but aint stopping for nuthin''
On the other hand went to the store just now for our weekly shopping adventure , these people have lost it , shelves are bare ...

JtB

·
Registered
345 Posts
No planes, cruises, rallies, or concerts. Other than that, just monitoring the situation and will adjust ride plans accordingly.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Well I have to change my original post, yes my plans have changed. One they have pulled all vendor permits and are closing bike week today at 8am , two I watched a guy from Virginia lay his bike down and die as several of us try to render him aid. I’m headed home!!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I watched a guy from Virginia lay his bike down and die as several of us try to render him aid. I’m headed home!!!
That's an awful thing. Sorry for him and sorry for you and the others. I wish life didn't dish out some of that stuff. Back in my stronger running days I stopped for a guy in a race who then passed out with his heart stopped. We gave CPR until got an AED and ambulance on him. He fortunately had a full recovery after a couple of stents.

Travel home safe!!!

1 - 20 of 149 Posts