Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
id like to go higher of course im tall , coming from 16" apes on my Indian , the stock bars aint cutting it, so with that said , without buying a whole new set of cables (i can do that at a later time) , how much higher can i go? If i could go 5 inches that would be awesome , just saying?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
13-14" apes with factory wires Stock rise is 8 or 8.5", so 5" higher is doable. I have 13" Road 6 Custom Holey Rollers on mine.

·
Registered
8,559 Posts
I think if you have abs you can go 13"-14". If no abs , 12 " is about it for the brake line but there's extra on everything else.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
id like to go higher of course im tall , coming from 16" apes on my Indian , the stock bars aint cutting it, so with that said , without buying a whole new set of cables (i can do that at a later time) , how much higher can i go? If i could go 5 inches that would be awesome , just saying?
The better question is, why would you want to potentially sacrifice comfort for the sake of keeping the hideous stock cables?

Pick the most comfortable bars and buy what's needed to make it work.

Stretching stock cables to get what may likely be shorter bars than would be most comfortable is a bad idea.

And even if you could get taller bars by force fitting stock cables you're still running stretched cables. Less than optimal.

·
Registered
240 Posts
When I installed 12" KSTs on my '16 RGS the brake and clutch line was tight, I could not imagine getting 14" on. I'll be going to 14" but will be replacing the lines. Wiring is no problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts