Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing handlebars on my 2017 Road Glide...

I got ignition switch locked so that I can’t get the switch out. I’ve removed the ignition unit. How can I 1) align the tumblers so I can 2) remove the switch and 3) reinstall the unit?

Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I simply could not get the switch out. So, I removed the ignition module and brought it into my dealer. Their service guy got the switch out in like ten seconds and aligned the tumblers for me. I was road testing my beast within 15 minutes of getting home. The KST Outlaws look and feel great!

BTW, two local very experienced Harley shops told me the ignition had to be in the bike to remove the switch. Goes to show you, sometimes the dealer does know better.

And I also saw that you really do not need to remove the ignition switch to replace the bars. Just remove that horseshoe plate under the switch and the gauge panel can slip off over the switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Theres a video on how to not remove your ignition on the Sik Baggers website in one of their handlebar installs. Road 6 bars iirc

·
Registered
479 Posts
Here's the how to. Good walkthrough of how to remove, disassemble, and realign the ignition.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Glad you got everything back on and taking a ride.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yes! Glad that you got it figured out. Now dont touch it ever again!

Lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts