Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many are going solo or just with there buddys to SW. As of now the wife is not sure if she could get it off but as of now I am going...:D

then after that I will be headen to the west coast....

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
At the first SW there were hardly any women, you could probably count them on one hand. As they've progressed more and more women are attending, either riding their own or with their significant other. Saying that the number that comes without their significant other still far out number the number that do. Some wifes don't ride or like to ride that far or whatever. Don't worry if you come solo you will far from feel out of place.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
The wife is riding with me from Arkansas or Tennessee, wherever we are living at the time-moving date is up in the air at this point. So, we may be by ourselves or we may join someone else on the ride up. We'll have to wait and see where we are at the time.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Assuming 2 people on 1 bike means a couple, according to Tracy's sign-up sheet it looks like there's 65-ish couples coming in, and that's not the couples on 2 bikes.
Totals are 243 people and 168 bikes so far.

We're riding in from Iowa, 4 days out, probably 3 back.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm solo- but only about 100 mile ride for me. Probably will find a bud to tag with me.

DJ Terry Moran

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm solo from SC to NH then linking up with a bud. Wife was invited but she does not enjoy bike week gatherings. A little separation makes the heart grow fonder:D

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Ill be solo to Manchester, NH where I will pick up the wife at the airport. She's not big on long rides, which is fine with me. I have a feeling between now and August she will back out all together.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Wife was invited but she does not enjoy bike week gatherings. A little separation makes the heart grow fonder:D

She really should come along. SW is about as far as you can get from being a "bike week gathering", not even close really. It's more a gathering of old friends and new friends all with a common interest. No BS posers, non-riders, or whiners allowed.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Only 400 miles for me so Im going to leave Saturday and take "a ridicules scenic route".:D:D
may have some buds going for 1/2 week but waiting for confirmation

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Solo from Omaha, Nebraska. Will attempt to pick up an Army buddy in Dayton, Ohio on his Road King along the way. If not, then I might join up with my good buddy Ray Garvin and his magical mystery tour to SW.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Right now, I'm coming solo, cuz I'm an anti-social SOB. :D

Seriously, group riding is one kind of fun, with several considerations toward the group's schedule, route, priorities, etc.

Solo riding is a different kind of fun, with its' own limitations.

My plan is to sandwich 3-4 days of group rides at SWIV between at least a couple days solo riding on each end.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am considering signing up for SWIV. This would be my first one. I would be riding up solo from NC. Is anyone interested in hooking up and making the ride together, let me know.

I will do a little more research on signing up and Hotel accomidations. I used to live in the Up-State NY area, I know how beautifull the Northeast is in the summer.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am considering signing up for SWIV. This would be my first one. I would be riding up solo from NC. Is anyone interested in hooking up and making the ride together, let me know.

I will do a little more research on signing up and Hotel accomidations. I used to live in the Up-State NY area, I know how beautifull the Northeast is in the summer.
Skull, where in upstate are you originally from?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
348 Posts
At this point I will be solo from northern indiana. May change up to departure date as brother-in-law might tag along if he can get time off. He wasn't to sure he would be welcome being as he rides a Wing, but I told him as long as he can handle some light ribbing he should be ok. If that doesnt happen I may try to tag along with the Indiana or Ohio groups if possible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts