Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from the road captains and officers of the past and present.

The local fire dept. here in the middle of no where struggles for funding. This little all volunteer dept. answers over 95 call outs a year.

I thought a fun way to raise some money would be to host a poker run in the area and I have the business support for the stops and good gas stop locations in conjuntion with card stops. my question is how the hell do you provide a 5 card hand for 20 to 60 riders and their passengers?

any advide would be great

·
Registered
462 Posts
On our charity ride , we have 3 girls with a crown royal bag each with a deck inside. They fill in the blanks & initial each drawing with a different color , put the cards back in the bag after each person draws.The rider keeps their own sheet & turns it in upon drawing the last card. Hope that helps. Good luck with it!

Sent from my HTC One X using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
You only need 1 deck of cards. You just need to print out a sheets of paper with 5 squares on it and at each stop the poker run representative in charge at that stop will initial the appropriate square. When the riders return to the final destination with all the squares initialed by the correct poker run representatives then they can draw 5 cards from the deck and write the cards down on his run sheet and have the sheet initialed by the person in charge of the card draw.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
You only need 1 deck of cards. You just need to print out a sheets of paper with 5 squares on it and at each stop the poker run representative in charge at that stop will initial the appropriate square. When the riders return to the final destination with all the squares initialed by the correct poker run representatives then they can draw 5 cards from the deck and write the cards down on his run sheet and have the sheet initialed by the person in charge of the card draw.
This is how I've always seen it done around here too.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts