Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I build a 103 on my 09 Ultra, but am considering leaving my new RodeGlide stock including a/c and exhaust and fuel map.

I know what I'm leaving on the table.

I just wonder how any folks have left their power train stock.

Greg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I build a 103 on my 09 Ultra, but am considering leaving my new RodeGlide stock including a/c and exhaust and fuel map.

I know what I'm leaving on the table.

I just wonder how any folks have left their power train stock.

Greg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I have a stock power train EXCEPT for intake and exhaust and a V & H Throttle Pak. Not much else very stock though...

·
Registered
218 Posts
My 2012 Roade Glide Ultra is bone stock in the engine department. I have had it 13 months and 15,000 miles with no issues. I ran my 2008 Ultra Classic for almost 50,000 miles bone stock. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I have a stock power train EXCEPT for intake and exhaust and a V & H Throttle Pak. Not much else very stock though...
Same here. SE intake and slipons with stock headpipe. Motor internals are bone stock. When i need to do something i will, until then she stays stock :)

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I have a VH single, with cat gutted headers, stock, a throttle pak would be very helpful in my case, it's hard to correct on the fly, with on the fly..b w

between governor and throttle response delay, I can make it pop, when I get on it, under normal riding it doesn't pop, just have to decide to go slow, time the aspirations the best I can

good fuel makes a difference, so I guess my boat ain't no ghost at 96

if I fill up with Shell, the bike runs like a turd, sorry Shell, too much corn juice

·
Gray Beard
1,521 Posts
I'm leaving mine alone... only change is thundercones to make a little more noise. stock bars, stock seat... oem oem oem these are not by choice but because currently I spend more money on road trips and put'n miles on it.

2013 fltrx 8031 miles and counting.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Engine / intake / exhaust is stock.
I'm okay with that but miss the true dual Rinehart exhaust (sound) and Stage 1 from my Street Glide.
Looking to change to a slipon soon.
Later, Stage 1. :D

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Aircleaner, headpipe, slipons and tuner to compensate. Everything else left stock.

If I get stuck having to replace something, only then will I upgrade to 'better parts'.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
My 2011 103 Custom has been my only bike in 50 years I've left stock & I told myself it would stay that way. Wrong, I was. Yesterday, the SE Stage 1 A/C was installed. Maybe next will be the exhaust. Maybe, hell no, for sure, it'll get changed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Bone stock ! After dumping plenty of money into previous bikes I found you never get a cent back at resale time.
Besides, less spent on mods, more to spend on vacations.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Mine didn't even leave the dealer stock........

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 20 of 68 Posts