Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
I bought the seven year with road hazard as well , for one reason , and one alone , I pack on the miles .. My two year on this bike was up in July , and right at the two year mark I picked up anail in the rear tire , now I have a free new rear tire .. Wudda been three bills if the dealer had charged for it ..

Cudda shure used it on the Tour Glides

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
Wonder how many buy it and never use it ..

Well ya didnt use the"extended" on the services because it doesnt cover "routine maintenance"

It is pretty clearly stated on the paper werk that it is not transferrable to another bike ..

Also if you plan on doing lots of mods like 107 or 110 kits and lotsa hi perf stuff , ya better ask before ya leap .. Dealer told me that ESP wont cover lotsa those things , that you have ta buy a rider from another outfit ..

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
It's a roll of the dice either way ..

I look at it as an insurance policy , hope I never need it , but it's there if I do ..

I have three pieces of old iron here and do all the werk on them , my daily riders I keep till the wheels fall off , then I put new wheels on and keep on going ..

I paid $1850 for the five year extension , and using the dealers figures for replacing my rear tire under road hazard , thats $300 into the $1850 ..

My bike is paid for , and I plan on keeping it for a long long time ..

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
I agree with you. I didn't use my ESP but they are pro rating it at 80%. I gave the dealer $400 for nothing because trading up to the RGU. I should take the $1600 and buy the ESP but what I understand now is the returned $ does not come back to me since I bought it last year with the Heritage. It will go directly back to Eagle mark and put on the principle. I'll make a call today and find out
Way I understand it , you wont get it if the ESP was included in your financing package ..

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
I can see if you buy a used bike. I just bought new and have 2 years on the factory warranty. As discussed if I bought a 5 or 7 yr plan, those years run at the same time as my factory warranty. If it was a true extended warranty then the clock should start ticking after the factory warranty ends.

When I near the end of my 2 yrs if my bike is one of those Friday afternoon assembly line bikes then I'll purchase the plan. Otherwise I think it is a rip off.
without the ESP and road hazard , my rear tire that picked up a nail before the two years was up would have cost me , it didnt , was free ..

They call it a five or seven year when actually it is a three or five year ..

·
Administrator
12,369 Posts
not true there , my comp and chain tensioner are pushing 80k with no issues , plenty others here as well .. A lot depends on crank run out .. I pulled my tensioner for about 5000 and replaced with the Hayden until last week when I did some clutch work , put the HD back in , Hayden wore more in 5k than the HD did for 75K ..

JtB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts