Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
The ESP covers the service/labor, no? Regardless of running concurrently, without it, the warranty only covers parts, not the cost to replace/rebuild, again the ESP does?? I have had no major issues, a question about it steering left and not taking the "they all do that" line, it was checked out, found to be in spec, so I am cool with that, but zero costs. Same with service, 1k, 5k, 10k, and recently, 15k...not a penny out of my pocket. Full synthetics, all measurements checked per manual specs, and I just ride. After it expires, regardless of miles if by then it's still running strong and is solid, as I not only expect but have experience with less advanced Harleys that didn't have issues, I can decide then to repair out of pocket, trade, not likely, sell as is...most likely if that scenario pops up. Outside a blown engine or some other major mechanical issue, I can repair at parts costs. My time tinkering is something I enjoy but as I get older I do like not having to actually change oil unless I actually want to...back to the query, some will feel it's worth it, some will feel it's not, like oil and tires and suspension and windshields, everyone does it different, but we all ride, we ride the Glide! Giddy up!!!

Registered
The ESP covers the service/labor, no? Regardless of running concurrently, without it, the warranty only covers parts, not the cost to replace/rebuild, again the ESP does?? I have had no major issues, a question about it steering left and not taking the "they all do that" line, it was checked out, found to be in spec, so I am cool with that, but zero costs. Same with service, 1k, 5k, 10k, and recently, 15k...not a penny out of my pocket. Full synthetics, all measurements checked per manual specs, and I just ride. After it expires, regardless of miles if by then it's still running strong and is solid, as I not only expect but have experience with less advanced Harleys that didn't have issues, I can decide then to repair out of pocket, trade, not likely, sell as is...most likely if that scenario pops up. Outside a blown engine or some other major mechanical issue, I can repair at parts costs. My time tinkering is something I enjoy but as I get older I do like not having to actually change oil unless I actually want to...back to the query, some will feel it's worth it, some will feel it's not, like oil and tires and suspension and windshields, everyone does it different, but we all ride, we ride the Glide! Giddy up!!!
ESP has been good to me over the years. 4 motors numerous tire replacements along with other issues. All for $50.

Registered
Well look who showed up ... Sup Q ?

JtB
LoL.. Watup.. good to be back on..
4 motors??!!!! Why is that happening?
all separate issues with stock motor parts. 1st was a broken rocker keeper that fell in the jugs, 2nd was issues with the heads that caused over heating, 3rd was lifters bearing shattered lastly 4th cam bearing shattered damaging the cam chamber. Replacement 1-3 were on my 鈥15 RG and the 4th was on my 鈥18 RGU.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
I got the ESP when I got my 2012 RGU. I bought the 7 year, unlimited milage plan. Best $1950.00 I ever spent. The bike had 22 miles on it when I bought it.

Under that plan, the engine was replace twice (long block), the transmission was rebuilt once, the guts to the Primary were replaced once - including the Clutch Basket (cracks in the splines), Stator and Compensator. Also replaced the shift linkage when it went out.

I had the Zurich plan which was a no deductable plan. I had over 88k miles on it when the warranty finally expired. I'm over 111k miles now.

When, and if, I buy a new bike, I will get the ESP again.

Reactions: Oclaf

Registered
How many of you out there have purchased the extended service plan (ESP.)?
If you plan on putting the miles on your RG let me warn you, you will need it in one way or the other.
I take good care on Road Glide, change the oil on time do the tune up鈥檚.
Any time I have a problem I take it in to the dealer, I picked up the shop manual.
But with changing out 7 radio鈥檚, two transmission鈥檚, one fairing because of the a bad install from the Motor Company, two drive belts, two seats, and a number of other things.
Be ready just incase, you will need it.
Just took my bike into the dealer today after checking the oil and finding out that I鈥檓 a quart low after 5,000 miles.
Had the dealer check my oil also, and now it鈥檚 going into the shop to have the top end taken apart and rebuilt and all 3 disk brake rotors have to be replaced and my 3rd starter.
BUY THE ESP or you will pull it out your back pocket$.
You know what Harley stands for?
Hundreds of dollars.
Just turned 90,000 miles.
This is just a warning to buy the extended service plan if you plan on keeping and putting on the miles.
Boy that is a whole lot of things going wrong. I have a 2015 RGS with 60k on it and only change fluids, tires and plugs. Other than my shifter disengaging with 5k miles, it was still under warrantee, my bike has had no repair issues. I constantly tell anyone who insinuates HDs are unreliable they don't know what their talking about.
Not a criticism on your bike, just very different experiences.

Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
Boy that is a whole lot of things going wrong. I have a 2015 RGS with 60k on it and only change fluids, tires and plugs. Other than my shifter disengaging with 5k miles, it was still under warrantee, my bike has had no repair issues. I constantly tell anyone who insinuates HDs are unreliable they don't know what their talking about.
Not a criticism on your bike, just very different experiences.
Concur in the reliability statement, only ever read, on here mainly as well, about break downs. Everyone I know that has a Harley, we all ride and we are not slow folks, definitely not Bigmeat45 fast, and we do annual rides. One time a buddy "heard" noise he didn't like, took it home in a u-haul, dealership found nothing, nada, zilch...but these bikes roll, IMO. At the end of the day for me, the ESP was a no brainer. If ever "additional insurance" applies.

Registered
2020 Road Glide special Zephyr Blue. D&D exhaust.
How many of you out there have purchased the extended service plan (ESP.)?
If you plan on putting the miles on your RG let me warn you, you will need it in one way or the other.
I take good care on Road Glide, change the oil on time do the tune up鈥檚.
Any time I have a problem I take it in to the dealer, I picked up the shop manual.
But with changing out 7 radio鈥檚, two transmission鈥檚, one fairing because of the a bad install from the Motor Company, two drive belts, two seats, and a number of other things.
Be ready just incase, you will need it.
Just took my bike into the dealer today after checking the oil and finding out that I鈥檓 a quart low after 5,000 miles.
Had the dealer check my oil also, and now it鈥檚 going into the shop to have the top end taken apart and rebuilt and all 3 disk brake rotors have to be replaced and my 3rd starter.
BUY THE ESP or you will pull it out your back pocket$.
You know what Harley stands for?
Hundreds of dollars.
Just turned 90,000 miles.
This is just a warning to buy the extended service plan if you plan on keeping and putting on the miles.
I decided when I bought my 2020 RGS that I wanted to ride it like I wanted it from day 1. I rode it straight to my bike shop and told my bike builder to void the warranty. Did the S&S 128 D&D 2:1 No regrets.

Attachments

61 - 73 of 73 Posts